JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 2012 Sahara and it came lifted , need help figuring whats the lift it came with, thnxs

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts

Rough Country : 2.5IN JEEP SUSPENSION LIFT KIT (07-17 WRANGLER JK UNLIMITED)

or

Rubicon Express 2.5" Budget Boost Coil Suspension System with Twin Tube Shocks

although the shocks appear to be the leaktastic N3 “ Premium” Shocks , without decals .

FWIW, these are neither better nor worse than the pro comp the other guys identify. Each are entry level, coil/shock upgrades to net 2-3 ″ for bigger tires. All are transamerica crap.
The silver , poor powder coating and shock design lends itself to rough country .

:jeep2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Rough Country : 2.5IN JEEP SUSPENSION LIFT KIT (07-17 WRANGLER JK UNLIMITED)

or

Rubicon Express 2.5" Budget Boost Coil Suspension System with Twin Tube Shocks

although the shocks appear to be the leaktastic N3 “ Premium” Shocks , without decals .

FWIW, these are neither better nor worse than the pro comp the other guys identify. Each are entry level, coil/shock upgrades to net 2-3 ″ for bigger tires. All are transamerica crap.
The silver , poor powder coating and shock design lends itself to rough country .

thnxs, i guess theres a better set up than what i have, but for now its doable for me, a little rough but its tolerable, can i put 35’s with my current set up or il b rubbing? also can i add coil spacers on my current set up? thinking of 2 inch front and 1 inch rear. thnx again...

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
thnxs, i guess theres a better set up than what i have, but for now its doable for me, a little rough but its tolerable, can i put 35’s with my current set up or il b rubbing? also can i add coil spacers on my current set up? thinking of 2 inch front and 1 inch rear. thnx again...
on a side note - & plz be aware that I didn't set-out to slam your Jeep's lift that harshly; it is what it is + it's not as if you choose it ( we tell it like it is around here, fwiw)- it does appear that somewhere along it's life, someone upgraded all of your stock body mounts and other bushings & the bump stops in rear to Energy Bushings or Prothanes.

oh, this site and tons of others will help you with maaging 35" or 315 mm tires and wheels for the JK/JKU . I can think of this relatively recent dialogue ,from this very channel, on the subject...

I , personally, coyuld get 35s under the Jeep you picture with no problem as long as my wheels had about 4.5" of backspacing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts