JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Got a favor to ask. I have been busy moving to my new house, doing work on it, and getting new detached 23x28 garage built. Long story short is that by Friday my garage will be mostly done and I need to move my 1000lb safe from my old house to my new house!!! It's only a few miles and about a 5 minute drive once loaded. I am on the east side.

I don't want to pay the $300-400 for a couple guys and a lift gate if I can avoid it. I am willing to pay in beer, pizza, and some good cigars if possible. I am free Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It shouldn't take more than a few hours. Not sure if anyone has a pallet jack and vehicle with a lift gate or if a couple moving dollies, a trailer, and my jeep winch will be good enough.

Any advice and/or help is greatly appreciated. PM me and I will shoot you my cell number. Thanks guys

Chas

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Just have Josh pick it up and throw it on his back and walk the five miles. Make sure that you have him move it around a few times to get just the right spot for it.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Well I'll provide the truck if you can get the guys rounded up to do it. I know we managed a pretty big beam a few weeks back that weighed almost 800lbs so we should be able to handle a 100000lb safe. Not sure if Paul could arrange a couple rolling lifts or not. If so you'll have to provide the reach arounds and probably twice the pizza and beer you were expecting...lol. Give me a shout and we'll see what we can do.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size is your truck Murry. The issue I have is that anything much larger than my Tacoma might have a hard time. You have to go in a a weird angle.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
What size is your truck Murry. The issue I have is that anything much larger than my Tacoma might have a hard time. You have to go in a a weird angle.
Well due to childhood amusement (and I suppose to be honest, adulthood amusement) I go in at a weird angle all the time. But then you knew that already so why am I telling you this...

Ford F350 super duty. Pretty big. Dual cab, long bed with flares.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the offer guys, my situation changed, I have to fly to Washington State tomorrow so I had to bite the bullet and pay $300 for 45 minutes worth of work to get the thing moved.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On a side note, the garage is almost done!!!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Sorry I'm just seeing this. I have a cargo trailer you could have used. With a ramp door. I guess I need to keep up to date on this shit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts