JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I did search but didn't find an answer to my problems. I have an 07 4dr rubicon with an auto. So I am buying the Rock Krawler 3.5 X factor mid arm lift. I'm going to run 35x12.5x17's. What width wheel should I run and what backspacing do I need to avoid any contact problems? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Those wheels will work. I like 'em too.

In general, a 12.5" wide tire will fit with an 7-10" wheel. Ideally, you'll want something in the 8-9" range, but 7 or 10 will also work. As far as backspacing, anything between 4" and 5" should work fine. Depending on the tires you run, you may get some minor rubbing at 5", but it'll be very little. Make sure you get a 5 on 5 lug pattern. :beer:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Ok, I did search but didn't find an answer to my problems. I have an 07 4dr rubicon with an auto. So I am buying the Rock Krawler 3.5 X factor mid arm lift. I'm going to run 35x12.5x17's. What width wheel should I run and what backspacing do I need to avoid any contact problems? Thanks.
'07 4dr Rubi here as well. I am running 2.5" BB, 1" BL, and 1.5" wheel spacers with the stock Rubi rims and 35x12.50 Nitto MG's. Only time I rub the fenders is at full stuff. Not enough to pop a fender flare off. Yet. ;) Extended bumpstops would solve that. Or a fender chop. Very minor rub from the front tire on the frame rail at full stuff and fully turned. Adjusting steering stops would solve that. No other major rubbing anywhere.

Or, if you do decide you need new wheels: what taxman said.

Anthony

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts