JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please dont take this as a hate thread. My family of 5 have planned a Trip to Walt Disney world next week. Well... it just so happens Orlando hosts the beginning of gay pride month with one of the Disney parks hosting a gay day with an est. 150,000 people proud to express their lifestyle. Im looking for ideas to avoid exposing my kids and having to explain the PDA to them at such a young age. I'd still like to go to the parks. If anyone has any knowledge on how everyone acts around other people, ideas would be GREAT. If its a bad idea to go, please give me ideas for NC,SC,GA,FL area. My boys are 12,9, and 3 years old. Roller coater parks are hard to do because I'm too big to ride and one boy is too small to ride.

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Not to derail- but I think it's pretty admirable to divert the vacation on the behalf of their innocence. :beer:

I really liked Silver Springs (north of Orlando). I haven't been for a long time, but it was great when I was younger. Lots to do and the glass bottom boats were awesome.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I remember silver springs and the glass bottom boats. I'll put that on the list. Daytona beach is on the list too. My wife cringed when i said BOAT tho. I just sold mine because she wouldn't go on it anymore after watching swamp people. lol

I sold it to get a JK so im happy about that

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I hate to say it, I hate going there - Myrtle Beach?

Ripleys aquarium is cool, lots of family friendly stuff - putt putt, gocarts, a few water parks, beach, The Pavilion has a few kid type rides.
We spend atleast a week there every fall and i'm there about once a month for work.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I hate to say it, I hate going there - Myrtle Beach?

Ripleys aquarium is cool, lots of family friendly stuff - putt putt, gocarts, a few water parks, beach, The Pavilion has a few kid type rides.
We spend atleast a week there every fall and i'm there about once a month for work.
They tore the pavilion down. It's just a big field now. They did build a small boardwalk on the beach down there though.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the ideas. Keep them coming. I cant believe the ham with eggs pic has received more replies than me trying to avoid Disney. That is a funny ass pic tho.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
They tore the pavilion down. It's just a big field now. They did build a small boardwalk on the beach down there though.
They have a huge boardwalk there with the aquarium, iMAX, games, Zipline there, great for kids

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it better than Daytona?

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
The craziest thing you see at Gay days is a lot of pink Tshirts. It's Disney world - they have better security than the White House.

OH and the City of Orlando doesn't host Gay days - it just happens. Was started on message boards on the internet and it just took off from there. Regardless, my southern baptist mother and father have been to gay days and all they knew was that the parks were extra crowded and there were a lot of pink tshirts.

It's not fantasy fest.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
For those who show up at Disney with a red T shirt on, Disney will give you a different color shirt free (gay days only)

Never been during gay days but from what I hear it's not bad, just CROWDED

Gay day is NOT an official function by Disney or Orlando, just the queers getting together

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Just ask JKristie44 where he's going to be on any given day and avoid those spots....and you should be safe.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
They have a huge boardwalk there with the aquarium, iMAX, games, Zipline there, great for kids
They have all that down where the pavilion was, or are you talking about Broadway at the Beach?

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Go ahead and take em to Disney World, I'll give my cousin the heads up to tone down his gheyness for one day.

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
I would say come to Pensacola Beach! The water is perfect this time of year. Like high 80's low 90's and there is no rain in the forcast as far as the weather man can predict.

Well, it will be raining men!

Just incase you want to see some of the events lined up!

Here is the link for more info

http://www.memorialdaypensacola.com/Gay_Events.html

Seriously, I don't see the big problem. If you kids want to go to Disney, do it. It's not like they are going to walk around in a big ass fucking conga line singing the Village People through the park. Out at the bars at night may be a different story, but your kids can't go there, so who gives a shit. They act as normal as anyone else in Public. I mean, there are drunck crazy ******** at Disney too.

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
Oh, and I forgot about that other half of Gay people!

Womez week! More my style!

And I wouldn't miss the dodgeball tournament for nothing!

To the OP, I would seriously consider NOT being a homophobe for much longer. You miss out on all the fun stuff!

I will be taking my kid out to the Beach this weekend. My neighbors are pretty much all lesbians and very cool people. They have like 15 Jet Ski's ready to go, and my kid loves to ride them. Plus you get to see some of the best football being played in the county! Some of them girls know how to throw that rock! They cook out every night too, great food! This will be my 10th year haning out with them, and the 6th for my 6 year old kid! Funny they act so not gay, that he doesn't know what gay is.

·
Registered
113 Posts
+1 to what has already been said re: going to Disney during 'Gay Days'. Disney is pretty much a guaranteed 'family-friendly' environment. Any risque behavior is a sure-fire way to get booted out of the park.

Besides... It's freakin' Disney World, man! Your kids are going to be too preoccupied with seeing Mickey Mouse & riding Space Mountain to notice that a couple of dudes might be holding hands.

Heck, I've spoken to several people who've inadvertently gone during 'Gay Days' & they didn't notice anything different than any other time they visited.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
[
To the OP, I would seriously consider NOT being a homophobe for much longer. You miss out on all the fun stuff!

I will be taking my kid out to the Beach this weekend. My neighbors are pretty much all lesbians and very cool people. They have like 15 Jet Ski's ready to go, and my kid loves to ride them. Plus you get to see some of the best football being played in the county! Some of them girls know how to throw that rock! They cook out every night too, great food! This will be my 10th year haning out with them, and the 6th for my 6 year old kid! Funny they act so not gay, that he doesn't know what gay is.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I have lesbian friends and they don't go out of their way to be gay, just another couple to me. The butchy one is a hell of a horseshoe partner to boot

1 - 20 of 33 Posts