JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a 3.5'' Rough Country kit in my 07 2door Wrangler. Need a little help on deciding on 33's or 35's. Not my daily driver just my toy. Ordered a new set of 17x9 Level 8 Strike 5 wheels from Marcus that should be here Thursday. Tell me what you recommend and why. As always, appreciate you guys on here.

·
Registered
204 Posts
A lots of people are going to tell you: don't go 33s you'll regret it later!
my 2 cents go 33s and have fun,and if you have a dana30 less troubles down the road.
I'm running 255/85-16(33.2in)km2s and love them.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
A lots of people are going to tell you: don't go 33s you'll regret it later!
my 2 cents go 33s and have fun,and if you have a dana30 less troubles down the road.
I'm running 255/85-16(33.2in)km2s and love them.
Plus you'll save some money. On the other hand though with 35's you gain about 2 more inches of ground clearance than with 33's. Depends on where you wheel and what you encounter when doing so.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Get 35's . I have run 33's on my 2 door JK.

Get 35's.
Get 35's.
Get 35's.

There I just saved you 1 year of running 33's wishing you had 35's.
Why?
It's not your DD.
You have the lift on it to look good with 35's.
JK's run 35's easier than the older TJ's.
This will save you money and time.

also
Get C2 brackets welded on.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have 3.5" lift on 33's and have run Blues and Blacks with locked rigs on 35's three weekends straight and havent taken a strap yet. As a matter a fact a 4dr Rubi with his lockers engaged got stuck in mud that I ran threw before him with no issues. His MTR's didnt seem to clear out that well in sticky mud and I think that did him in. I run Toyo Open County and had some pretty good wheel spin and ripped right threw that hole. The difference in clearance due to the tires is not going to be your issue as much as over all approach and departure angle. I do not regret getting 33's but I do wish I had lockers.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Since it is your toy, I would go 35s...I have 33s and do not regret them at all, and these are my second set, but now that I have a different daily driver, my next set will be 35s...:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
If your thinking 33's or 35's, be done with it and get 37's :D
cause sooner or later your going to be there LOL....

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
if your considering 35"s go ahead and get them. you will wonder "what if" as long as your running 33s. i daily drive my jeep and in college and i still went 35s.

it also depends on what kind of trail your doing though. since its your toy and you already have 3.5" lift then why not get the 35s??? :beer:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I will also add "get 35s". You already have the lift. 3.5" is alot of lift for 33s. I also DD on 35s and wouldn't have it any other way. I may even go 37" next time around.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which 35's do you guys prefer?

Do very little off roading. I know, I am a sissy! I like the looks of a m/t but really thought I would be better off with a/t. We drive it to Pigeon Forge a few times a year. What do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Plus you'll save some money. On the other hand though with 35's you gain about 2 more inches of ground clearance than with 33's. Depends on where you wheel and what you encounter when doing so.
You only gain 1" of ground clearance if your lucky. My 33" goodyears were almost as tall as my 35" km2s, side by side it was about a 1/4 of an inch. Each brand of tire must use different tap measures :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Do very little off roading. I know, I am a sissy! I like the looks of a m/t but really thought I would be better off with a/t. We drive it to Pigeon Forge a few times a year. What do you guys recommend?
Take a look at the Goodyear Duratracs. I its like a hybrid. I really like mine.

Get 35s. I wish I did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts