JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so I have the infamous p0300 and seek guidance! No other codes thrown. I've been reading and trying to diagnose this thing for about two weeks and now I come to you all. I've replaced the plugs, wires, coil pack, cleaned sensors and other little things. I've learned this code is very vague and there is XX things it could be. I haven't read a specific case like mine so hopefully this will make the difference. Below I will explain the symptoms. 2007 jku, 3.8L, 172k miles, good compression on cylinders.

So, I did let my gas get low and refueled a few days prior. I had to drive approx 25 miles and on the way to the location I noticed a random stutter while driving at various speeds of up to 60mph as if I was hitting a big gust of wind. On the way back it started getting worse. My check engine light came on and at 1700 rpms it would just bog. I tried clearing by giving it more gas and then it would just backfire and clear up until the next hiccup. Jeep didn't really want to get passed 45-50 now. At the time of the bog, I believe my cel would flash and go away once cleared up. I stopped at autozone for a read. It threw a p0306. I drove it home and replaced the fairly new spark plug in cylinder 6. Nothing. I then bought the other NGK (4306) LZTR5A-13 plugs, ngk wires and 2 different coil packs. It still didn't clear. I bought my own obd reader and pressure testing kit. The obd reader now said it's progressed to a p0300. Could it of done it on the drive home from autozone or are my wires or plugs defective? Maybe bad gas? As it sits, it will start and idle rough. Will start flashing cel after a few seconds of running.

I don't really know what to do from here besides to just start buying parts or take it to a mechanic. It's really overwhelming all of the things that the internet says it could be. I really appreciate your time and help! Thank you everyone

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Did you try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes? Just thinking of simple checks...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts