JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new shocks today, need help before installing them.
The new shocks i got are longer, the shock cylinder is 2" longer then the ones on JK right now. I went out and measured the shocks mount to mount and got 20" front with 5,5" uptravel and 21"rear with 6" uptravel..
so you guys think the new ones too long? looks like its gonna be 3,5" front and 4" rear of uptravel and the shocks gonna be 3/4 compressed.. the new shocks are bilstein 5100 3,5"+ lift.
i hope i explained that ok. lol :beer:

· Registered
99 Posts
Bump stops

At 14.5 and 15 " compressed, I doubt you need bump stops. For the front, use hockey pucks, slide 2 in, fully articulate it, if there is travel left, you can remove a puck and do it again. you can do the same for the rear, but will need to tape or blue tack the hocky pucks onto the rear pad.

The new shocks i got are longer, the shock cylinder is 2" longer then the ones on JK right now. I went out and measured the shocks mount to mount and got 20" front with 5,5" uptravel and 21"rear with 6" uptravel..
so you guys think the new ones too long? looks like its gonna be 3,5" front and 4" rear of uptravel and the shocks gonna be 3/4 compressed.. the new shocks are bilstein 5100 3,5"+ lift.

· Registered
798 Posts
Out of curiosity what are the Bilstein Part Numbers for the front and rear you've got?

· Registered
798 Posts
Something ... E578 and E175.
Sending them back for E670 and E671. 1-3" lift
Thanks, was asking because I'm getting confused with the recommended 5100 shocks on the RK site which lists the F4-BE5-E578-H0 (new Bilstein number 24-186995) Fronts for their 2.5" Max Travel Kit which are shocks for 3-5" lifts per Bilstein Website.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, i need help with my JK 2007 Modified,the rear sccoks are no good and i pretend replace by new ones,but the last owner paint in black with rustoleon spays coating, today i was check and finally ound the :model # or Part number" was X343H3 , i was searching online and i can't find nothing evem i was in 2 Advance AP stores with the same results,can somebody help with this issue, thanks in advance
another info my jk has a beatifull set of :
Fuel Gripper M/T Mud-Terrain Tire - 35X12.50

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Drink Grey Font Liquid Glass bottle

· Banned
1,854 Posts
Welcome to JKO!
My personal opinion is replace all four shocks at the same time, that way you are not mixing old with new and different dampening characteristics between front and back.
If you can fill us in on how much lift you have, we can help point you to a set of affordable quality shocks. If you need help determining your lift height, the easiest thing to do is measure from the top of the front axle tube to the bottom of the frame. Stock lift heigh is about 5". Anything over 5" is your height. For example, if the distance from top of axle tube to bottom of frame is 8", you have 3" lift.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts