JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I started installing the Cobra 75 CB on my Wrangler and ran into an issue that I was hoping you guys would have an answer for. The antenna is mounted to the side of the hood (fender) using this mount (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IHMZT1S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) The issue is that I don't know how to connect the Coax CB wire to the antenna with this mount. It looks like what I need is an adapter (female to something else) for this mount. Any ideas which adapter I need to get?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
does this image help you understand the components? match match via colors ( red to red, blue to blue...) and the green circle goes to CB. the direction of blue arrow does not indicate the specific end to connect, if you follow, just match the colors and green runs thru hood or tailgate up to CB radio. A firestick or suitable antennae is going to be atop the spring/flex thing.
These were the listed items "frequently bought together..." from the next item at bottom of the Amazon link you provided.
You are missing the co-ax cable, the spring thingy that accompany your adapter plate mount ( for-which is pictured the tightener and locknut piece that are part of the mounting bracket you purchased already). there are hundreds of options .

if that doesn't get it for ya, here is moar visual aid.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does this image help you understand the components? match match via colors ( red to red, blue to blue...) and the green circle goes to CB. the direction of blue arrow does not indicate the specific end to connect, if you follow, just match the colors and green runs thru hood or tailgate up to CB radio. A firestick or suitable antennae is going to be atop the spring/flex thing.
These were the listed items "frequently bought together..." from the next item at bottom of the Amazon link you provided.
You are missing the co-ax cable, the spring thingy that accompany your adapter plate mount ( for-which is pictured the tightener and locknut piece that are part of the mounting bracket you purchased already). there are hundreds of options .

if that doesn't get it for ya, here is moar visual aid.
This was extremely helpful! I was able to run to a truck stop and get the part I was missing. Thanks for the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts