JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i bought a budget boost but don't have the tools nor place to install it. Im a student at FSU so i don't really have tools up here and my apartment complex probably wouldn't let me do it either. If anyone wants to offer some help i am pretty handy and will buy you a nice meal to go along with it!

· Registered
315 Posts
:(((( I wish I was! Really tempting to drive down
Well if it comes down to it, I live in Minneola, FL. It is 30 mins West of Orlando. Google maps says it is about 3 1/2 hours away 230 miles. If it comes down to it and you can't find anybody, I will help ya. I'll get a crew together from the Clermont Jeep Club and we can put it in quick. To be honest, it might almost be the same price to have a local shop throw it in, in comparison to the cost to travel back and forth. But it is much more fun to do the install yourself.

What kit is it? Also, make sure you have all the supporting components.

-Alex

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if it comes down to it, I live in Minneola, FL. It is 30 mins West of Orlando. Google maps says it is about 3 1/2 hours away 230 miles. If it comes down to it and you can't find anybody, I will help ya. I'll get a crew together from the Clermont Jeep Club and we can put it in quick. To be honest, it might almost be the same price to have a local shop throw it in, in comparison to the cost to travel back and forth. But it is much more fun to do the install yourself.

What kit is it? Also, make sure you have all the supporting components.

-Alex
Haven't picked out a kit yet but I want a spacer 2.5inch lift. Any suggestions?? Also my shop wants 300$ for install and it would be less than 2 tanks of gas back and fourth probably

· Registered
321 Posts
hey guys i bought a budget boost but don't have the tools nor place to install it. Im a student at FSU so i don't really have tools up here and my apartment complex probably wouldn't let me do it either. If anyone wants to offer some help i am pretty handy and will buy you a nice meal to go along with it!
Should you be heading to the panhandle anytime soon, I could help. I'm at Eglin AFB.

· Registered
563 Posts
Haven't picked out a kit yet but I want a spacer 2.5inch lift. Any suggestions?? Also my shop wants 300$ for install and it would be less than 2 tanks of gas back and fourth probably
Good God.

You could buy all the tools you need to do this yourself twice for that kind of money.

I'm even further away, sorry I can't help.

It is something you can do with basic tools, jack, and jack stands.

· Registered
315 Posts
Wow, that is expensive!

Personally, I had a Rough Country Series II Budget Boost and liked it. It came with the 2.5" spacers, shock extensions, brake line extensions, rear trackbar brace, and new rear sway bar links for $179.95

http://roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_2.php

Near the bottom of the page you have to select which kit you want.

And for the $300, as someone stated....you could buy all the tools you need to install for cheaper.

When you get a kit, let me know if you need help on the install.

· Registered
1,178 Posts
When you install the rear spacers make sure the bolts don't rub on the body.

And Gators know how to install stuff on Jeeps :thefinger:

Just messin.... had to be done (Yeah I know we lost the damn bowl game)

I'm in Central Fl too, SE of Ocala

· Registered
321 Posts
What's the word mocking bird? Havn't heard from you. I'm off MLK day if you want to ride over. I'll have a couple of my JUJC guys come over and we can knock your heep out in an hour or so. Then we can go test it out. lol

Ockgator, what bolts are you referring to?

· Registered
811 Posts
Thought SMJC guys woulda helped you out with that? lol

I guess we can blame that on Chuck and his short shorts. :eek:

Plus you're talking 4 hours from Hatts to my place, but I sure woulda helped. I've installed 3 RK lifts on JKs.
I actually installed it with some friends in BR, but that magical day I get my RK kit, I'll come down and take you up on that offer!

To the OP. I have the Rough Country series 2. Had it for almost 2 years, DD and weekend warrior, been great. Here's my write up.
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44624

· Registered
321 Posts
I actually installed it with some friends in BR, but that magical day I get my RK kit, I'll come down and take you up on that offer!

To the OP. I have the Rough Country series 2. Had it for almost 2 years, DD and weekend warrior, been great. Here's my write up.
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44624
Let me know when you decide to pony up for the RK lift. I have the hook-up.

As soon as I sell my TJ i'll be looking at replacing the skycrapper lift on the LJ with an RK Triple Threat.

· Registered
811 Posts
Thread officially jacked due to disappearance of OP

Let me know when you decide to pony up for the RK lift. I have the hook-up.

As soon as I sell my TJ i'll be looking at replacing the skycrapper lift on the LJ with an RK Triple Threat.
Ill bring beer and a chair!

· Registered
1,178 Posts
TJdriver: With the BB kit I bought the rear spacers are bolted to the frame, the bolts were just a hair too long and it was rubbing on the right side for a couple days till I figgered it out. I forget what kind of BB kit, it's been a few years.

· Registered
321 Posts
TJdriver: With the BB kit I bought the rear spacers are bolted to the frame, the bolts were just a hair too long and it was rubbing on the right side for a couple days till I figgered it out. I forget what kind of BB kit, it's been a few years.
Ok. I have only installed full lifts so that is something to look out for.
I'm planning on bbing my wife's 12 unlimited so i'll def be looking for that.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.