JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally ditching the leveling kit and moving up to a 2.5 max travel. I want o install the lift myself to be more familiarized with it but have never worked on suspension, I'm a little intimidated by it due to all these death wobble threads. Haha Any of you guys in the central jersey area down to give me a hand and possibly somewhere to do the install sometime in dec? This leveling kit definatly won't be fun for any snow wheeling. I'm currently getting out of the army here at fort hood and won't be home until the end of this month but wanted to drop the word now.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Sure man, I'll lend a hand. I put the max travel on mine and it's relatively easy to do. I'm sure some other folks will jump in to help as well. Where in central nj are you? I'd say we can do it in my driveway, but December might be a bit cold. Maybe someone has a heated garage we can use?

Sent from my iBalls using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Keep us posted

where in c jersey are you.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Sure man, I'll lend a hand. I put the max travel on mine and it's relatively easy to do. I'm sure some other folks will jump in to help as well. Where in central nj are you? I'd say we can do it in my driveway, but December might be a bit cold. Maybe someone has a heated garage we can use?

Sent from my iBalls using Tapatalk
Got one, just might be a little ride for you.

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
Got one, just might be a little ride for you.
Thanks a lot guys, I'm from south Plainfield and a drive is not a big deal at all, I just can't believe how fast you all got back to me.
LMAO. I love this place. Dude post up asking for install help ...in December no less, when everyone has holiday running to do ... and he not only scores a bunch of free labor but a heated garage to do all it in less than 20 minutes later. And yes, if you're doing a snorkel, seek the Unsub. He has at least 6 or 7 snork installs on his wall. He keeps what he cuts tho. Got a collection goin in his garage.

Iggy, you might thank Otnoc for offering that space right now, but just wait till he fires up that compressor. Thing will rattle your fillings loose, but it's been running like a champ through at least one entirely SICK build and at least 4 or 5 other RK lifts now. This bunch will definitely make your install nice and easy. Just remember the installee brings beer.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm defiantly looking for a snorkel by then soon too so that will defiantly be an addition to the wall. Otnoc, thank you so much for that offer, and I will defiantly get the beers and pizza. What kid of snorkels are you guys running up north?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.