JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a OEM soft top from a brand new jeep that came with the dual tops option that the new owner is selling.This is a local transaction and the guy says everything is in the box.My question is what exactly will I be getting,,,just want to make sure I leave home with everything I need...is there anything that needed to be taken off the jeep when it came with the dual tops installed from the factory???

Thankyou,
Kdog

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well the top material should be attatched to the bows, at the end of the bows is the mount to the roll bar, make sure those are there (the bows should attach with a flat piece of metal, not be 2 loose ends). You'll need a box with the door surrounds, a box with the windows (3-left,right and rear), the rear tailgate bar and 2 plastic pieces that attach to the Jeeps rails and hold the tail gate bar.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
....(the bows should attach with a flat piece of metal, not be 2 loose ends).
^great info above. Just to be clear, the flat parts that the bows attach to will have come installed on his rollbar allready. So be sure he pulls them and gives them to you. The dealer charges way too much for that part! Also the hand screws / knobs that hold the door surounds on, be sure they are there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,,,Everything was there,,,,the brackets that attach the bow rails to the roll bar were there and all the other parts were in the 2 boxes,,,,the orange tape was still around the soft top itself never being opened.Got a decent deal at $500,,,,now i just have to figure out how to install it.

Thanks,
Kdog

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Helpful diagrams when installing the hardware.

2door

4door

1 - 6 of 6 Posts