JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
hoping that someone out there can help me
I have got a 2011 jeep wrangler sport that is bone stock and I am wanting to dress it up a bit.
my buddy just gave me a set of bfg all terrain t/a in 245/75/16 size.
they are brand new (winter tires for a truck that got totaled before they got mounted)
i was hoping to put them on a set of soft 8's but i dont know what offset and bolt pattern i would need (i am hoping to avoid using spacers if at all possible)
depending on how it looks i might also do a rough country 2.5 lift
if anyone out there has an idea of what rims would work best please let me know
thanks in advance

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well those are some skinny tires so backspacing shouldn't be much of an issue.
As reference Stock 17" Moab wheels are 7.5" bead width with 6.25" backspacing and can run 275/70R17 tires

Oh and bolt pattern is 5 on 5 ( 5 on 127mm )

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
You really want tiny tires on your heep? And check the dot numbers too. Even if they look new they could be real old just sat around.

If you want to run them cheapest way would be use the stock 16" steel or aluminum base wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know that they are kinda skinny but they are free and they have got to look better than the stockers which are 225/75/16 all seasons. as for the age of the tires we ran the numbers and they were made in oct of 11 so good news there. theonly thing that worries me about the backspacing is that i am afraid that they might be too sunk into the fender without spacers since they are relatively skinny.
thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts