JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wired up my flood light and am using the Daystar switches and panel. The switches are lighted with an indicator so I ran it's ground but so far all the grounds I find aren't right. The indicator on the switch is staying on regardless if the switch is in the off position. Obviously when I disconnect the ground the switch's indicator turns off.

Where's a ground I can tap into that only allows the indicator on the switch to turn on when the switch is in the on position?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds like it may be wired wrong. If the light is on then the circuit is completed. which means something is connected to ground. tell us how you wired up your switches and connections.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it may be wired wrong. If the light is on then the circuit is completed. which means something is connected to ground. tell us how you wired up your switches and connections.
I wired it EXACTLY like instructed. The Daystar switch has a power in and out and a ground for the light on the switch. Currently the ground is disconnected meaning the switch's light isn't active but the switch still operates the flood light.

http://www.visionxusa.com/Content/Documents/VX_TD_XmitterLEDBars.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
How do the swiches wire up? is there a 12volt+ constant and a ground along with a 12 volt in and out that go to the relay and battery?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do the swiches wire up? is there a 12volt+ constant and a ground along with a 12 volt in and out that go to the relay and battery?
There's a power in, power out, and power for ground. The power in I ran from the relay, the power out leads back to the battery, and the ground according to the Daystar box goes to a ground for the indicator on the switch.

I just don't get why the indicator never turns off if the switch is in the off position.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
There's plenty of room. His fits just fine. Looks great, too.

Or....you could check with John, the sPOD guy (s/n sPODguy) and he can give you the specifics.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
i have the sPOd and getting the 12voltguy upper panel

I LIKE SWITCHES !!!!!!!!
Dude...what the hell are you wiring up to all those things?

ejector seat
ooooga horn
oil slick
smoke screen
1967 bollinger

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Well for me the $20 daystar panel is fine. Any other thoughts on why the lights are staying on?
Try switching the power in and power out. Power in should come from the battery. Power out should fire the relay. And that would explain power to the light in all conditions.

HTH
Larry

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
Those switches only have three poles right? Maybe you have them connected wrong on the switch. If you wired the relay like the diagram it should be correct. As for the ground, you can ground it anywhere to the body.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those switches only have three poles right? Maybe you have them connected wrong on the switch. If you wired the relay like the diagram it should be correct. As for the ground, you can ground it anywhere to the body.
That's what I'm thinking but the instructions are pretty basic. The only thing I can think of is checking my wiring on the switch. 3 poles - correct.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts