JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I have: 07 JKU Rubicon, 6-speed, stock driveline.

Here is what I thought I wanted: 4" lift running 35s

Here is what I have realized I should get: 2-1/2" lift (do not want, a.k.a can't afford, new driveshafts right now) and then run either 33s or 35s.

I run 95% on-road, but want to be capable off-road.

What I am looking for is info on 2-1/2" lifts that are complete, meaning: springs, shocks, trackbar adjustment brackets and ??? It also can't cost a ton.

I am also torn between 33s and 35s, but that will come a while after the lift.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
No need for driveshafts with 3" & 35's on a 4dr.

Take it from me (and many others who've been there) if you're debating between 2 sizes, go with the bigger size. You won't regret it.

3" lift & 35's is a great place to start with a 4dr. Pretty soon, you'll end up on 60's, coilovers, long arms, and 41's...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Vader is right on.....get the 35's , I wish I would have.....it's in the future though. I'm going to mount them and see how it does with my 2" RE BB lift currently on my jeep.....then eventually probably a RK 2.5 max travel:)

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Vader is right on.....get the 35's , I wish I would have.....it's in the future though. I'm going to mount them and see how it does with my 2" RE BB lift currently on my jeep.....then eventually probably a RK 2.5 max travel:)
Yep, go bigger. I just ordered 37's to replace my 35's yesterday ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
35's seem to be the holy grail!!! I am leaning towards 33's on my 2012, but probably not for a a year or more. Need to put some wear on the factory tires. My plan is the RK 2.5 and 33's. I figure 35's would require new gears, and I don't have money for gears. I am going for an adventure vehicle, not a hardcore rock crawler.

Brent

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I definately want 35s. I just threw 33s in the mix as an option.

There are just so many lifts out there with so many different options/parts.

Does anyone have any experience with the Daystar 3" spacer/1" body lift? Or just Daystar lifts in general. This 4" combo seems to come with all needed parts (lift spacers, track bar brackets and shocks).

I spend most of my $$$ on Jeep payments so funds are limited. I want to get the most lift I can without breaking the bank. I still need new tires and those are not cheap either.

Thanks, Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.