• Back to Dewalt

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Other- 'Splain

Votes: 2 10.5%
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Our dewalt impact drills are awesome. They drive in 3/4 lags no prob.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Depending on the 6yr old kit you have, its more than likely you have better than anything
comparable out there today.

I was in the same boat... I have a 6yr old, 5 pc Bosch kit with 3 dead batts...
...That have all been rebuilt by cells from these guys, at a fraction of the cost of new batteries. >>>

http://www.towerhobbies.com/

Good choice... Makita's motors are a fucking work of art

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I just went with the Ryobi 18v+ set... I have a circular, sawzall, drill (not impact) flashlight, sander, and nailgun. Re building my moms kitchen (removed all cabinets and started from scratch) and they have held up great. Probably only had to recharge twice since I started. Still in for under $200... So far so good.

I've even used the sander with a buffing pad to remove some of the old paint from the tile that was there before she moved in.

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
<brought back from the 'dead poll' thread pile> re: Need Cordless Advice

I happened to be searching & stumbled upon this poll/thread from 3-4 years ago that needed to have an update for any future searchers that might be interested in cordless impact driver for their heep ( or whatever else) ;

I cannot stop drooling over the beauty below since I saw it first this past Halloween or Thanksgiving. I didn't know it existed & it jetted to the top of my 'want this tool badly' list after searching the awesome videos reviewing the thing. I will have this soon but regearing comes first....it's been tough not hitting the Buy Now button for this in the 1/2" with 2 batteries variant immediately, tho....

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
I happened to be searching & stumbled upon this poll/thread from 3-4 years ago that needed to have an update for any future searchers that might be interested in cordless impact driver for their heep ( or whatever else) ;

I cannot stop drooling over the beauty below since I saw it first this past Halloween or Thanksgiving. I didn't know it existed & it jetted to the top of my 'want this tool badly' list after searching the awesome videos reviewing the thing. I will have this soon but regearing comes first....it's been tough not hitting the Buy Now button for this in the 1/2" with 2 batteries variant immediately, tho....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51HMVr444XU

How much ?

Edit: Dang dude thats sweet.

Reactions: j3ff3ry_j33p

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
ALL 4 of my Dewalt batteries are dead. My drill is about 6 years old and the cordless circular is around a decade. I'm, thinking about the time I buy new batteries the drill and/or saw are gonna grenade. That's how things typically work out for angrysam.

Word I'm hearing is Dewalt ain't worth much these days. That true?

So who should I get a kit from? I'll want a drill and circular at a minimum. Cordless sawzall would be nice for chasing neighbor kids on the Harley. 'Splain yer thoughts iffin you get an extra minute.
I'm in the same boat, only my batteries aren't completely dead - they still hold a charge for like 3 minutes. My Dewalt was good to me for a couple years and started craping out. Don't know what I'll get next. been mostly using a small cord drill for things - works way better except for the cord part.

·
Registered
371 Posts
IVE had my dewaly 36v lithium set up for many many years... great product. millwakee is good too though, cant go wrong with either.. try to do the battery jump thing for dead bateries, it works..

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I wouldn't buy Dewalt....

Vehicle Auto part Engine Technology Car

This is my Co-Workers tools.....Battery blew up, not while changing!! He was driving and another driver stopped him to tell him the back of the truck was on fire! I use Makita and haven't had any issues. They've lasted longer then most all my co-worker drill/impact/saws. I'm sure any lithium ion based device could blow up....

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
The newer Dewalt 18v batteries are a big improvement. Cheaper than replacing the tools. Do an Amazon Prime search for pricing help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
I wouldn't buy Dewalt....

View attachment 256170
This is my Co-Workers tools.....Battery blew up, not while changing!! He was driving and another driver stopped him to tell him the back of the truck was on fire! I use Makita and haven't had any issues. They've lasted longer then most all my co-worker drill/impact/saws. I'm sure any lithium ion based device could blow up....

what the hell?! This is insane ..dunno how I missed this post.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.