JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a question for you all.. I'm looking to get a cb and they have the SSB ones or regular ones.. what do you think would be the best one to get.. ima use it mostly for on the trail and long trips..
There is a difference in price too..

Sent from over there using tapatalk!!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
WHAT IS SIDEBAND or "SSB"?
A - "SideBand" (SSB) is a mode capability found in higher-end CB Radios. You will have access to the Upper & Lower Sideband Modes (USB, LSB), on each of the 40 channels, in addition to the "Regular" (AM) mode, using the "Am/USB/LSB switch. When switched over to a sideband, each receive signal must be "fine tuned" in with the clarifier or voice lock control found on the SSB CB radio, otherwise people will sound garbled or distorted. Keep in mind that when switched to a sideband, you can only communicate with other CBers that have that same SSB capability as well. You can usually expect an increase in range, & less noise on SSB, than on the "standard" AM 40 channels.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WHAT IS SIDEBAND or "SSB"?
A - "SideBand" (SSB) is a mode capability found in higher-end CB Radios. You will have access to the Upper & Lower Sideband Modes (USB, LSB), on each of the 40 channels, in addition to the "Regular" (AM) mode, using the "Am/USB/LSB switch. When switched over to a sideband, each receive signal must be "fine tuned" in with the clarifier or voice lock control found on the SSB CB radio, otherwise people will sound garbled or distorted. Keep in mind that when switched to a sideband, you can only communicate with other CBers that have that same SSB capability as well. You can usually expect an increase in range, & less noise on SSB, than on the "standard" AM 40 channels.
I understand somewhat how it works and the history of it. But is it really worth the $.. are there a lot of people using it? Are you constantly tuning it? Is there a real distance gain? How new is is SSB to the public?

Sent from over there using tapatalk!!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Side band is cool, but for the price and the fact very few people will have it, it isn't really worth it.

Sent from my little magic box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.