JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just went offroading with my jeep for the first time and i was driving down a creek and im pretty sure i slammed my differential against a rock bc i couldnt find any other marks in my front end, but not i have a bad bad case of death wobble and wondering if its my control arm or trak bar or somethign along those lines

THANKS
Dan

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
hard to tell anything from that... are any front end components loose? track bar, tie rod, etc.?

Is your steering wheel centered?

I don't profess to be a front end/death wobble expert... just trying to think of what I'd check if it were mine...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jeep came off the lot wednesday so idk if anything would be loose, it didnt do it until i hit that rock, heres another picture

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I think you either messed up your alignment or inadvertently loosened your track-bar.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you either messed up your alignment or inadvertently loosened your track-bar.
anyway i could have bent the control arm on the differential side, bc the jeep dropped into a hole and slammed it hard, thats why im thinking it was control arm

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
anyway i could have bent the control arm on the differential side, bc the jeep dropped into a hole and slammed it hard, thats why im thinking it was control arm
Possibly, but you should be able to see the damage/ slight bend on the CA....or see if it looks tweaked in relation to the mounting ends. You may also look very closely at the CA brackets on the axle and frame....to see if there is any cracking throughout the welds.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Possibly, but you should be able to see the damage/ slight bend on the CA....or see if it looks tweaked in relation to the mounting ends. You may also look very closely at the CA brackets on the axle and frame....to see if there is any cracking throughout the welds.

thats the only damage on the CA bracket on the axle, this is the passenger side

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
What lift are you running

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
is your steering wheel straight when your front wheels are straight? you probably knocked your toe out of adjustment, I doubt you knocked your track bar loose unless it wast tight to begin with. Brand new jeep?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is your steering wheel straight when your front wheels are straight? you probably knocked your toe out of adjustment, I doubt you knocked your track bar loose unless it wast tight to begin with. Brand new jeep?

yeah brand new jeep off the lot wednesday

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Check that track bar to make sure it's tight. Since they put the lift in it you may have found it wasn't as tight as it should have been. It needs to be tightened under the weight of the Jeep.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Go to the North east section of the forum and ask if anybody in there can help you with it. Im sure there is somebody closer to you then I am and there are some great guys up here. If you cant find anybody else then for some :beer: and a meal and maybe a little gas money I would be willing to come up and help ya out. I have some spare control arms we could throw on and see if thats your issue.

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
4" mopar (not by choice its the only lift they accept for warranty to still work)
NOT TRUE!!!! The dealer you purchased it from may "honor" the warranty, but all Mopar lift part numbers are followed by a "P" indicating they are not eligible or sold with warranty. Be very careful with your dealer as it sounds very shady.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I agree...check with the Dealer. I am guessing the trackbar is loose or a Tie-Rod end is loose. Don't panic.............look things over and use the Warranty.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 33 Posts