JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose I'm in the right spot for this post.

I have a 2008 JKU, as seen here http://www.extremecarsales.com/garysjeep.html

It's pretty well sorted out. Still needs a few things, but the hard stuff is done.

I'm thinking about selling it. I could use some of the cash for other projects. But, I'll only sell it, if I can be happy with an LJ, or maybe a TJ with extended wheelbase.

I wanted to get some opinions. I will mostly trailer the rig to runs, as we will take the motorhome and we're not much for tent camping any ways.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thx

Gary

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in the same boat with the exception that I already have the LJ. I have tried selling my 07 Rubi but the offers have been sad to say the least. I have bought, built, and sold many jeeps over the years so I have a good grasp on what can be expected on price but my Rubi isn't moving. I am about ready to give up on it and keep the JK as the play toy and the LJ as my DD.

I considered tearing it apart as close to stock as I could and selling it and parts seperately but decided against that. What if I got stuck with the stock jeep but all the parts were sold? Then I would just spend more $ building the stock Jeep back up.

Good luck if you decide to sell the JK.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I like the tj I just bought, comfortable, more power than JK, I should start the build on it soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I was in the same boat as you
Put the Jk up for trade for a built Tj/lj plus cash on pirate, I got a ton of offers lots of guys want to go back to something streetable
I now have a 95 hemi yj with a ton of cool custom work

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Love built up LJ's I think they are the perfect middle ground. Streetable, great wheelers and length/width are about perfect. The best for me is less electronics to mess wit then the JK's

·
Registered
35 Posts
04 LJ Mild build

So I haven't Posted it yet, I bought a 2010 rubi JKU. I am preparing to sell my 04 LJ. 3.5 RE, bumpers , rockers, silver hardtop, 55kish miles. 1" body 315/75/16 on eagle alloy's AC cruise poison spider corners paited silver to match w/ L.E.D's. Uninstalled 4to 1 and unwelded tube fenders F/R.I love this Jeep but need the space of the JKU. 3 daughters :) I am in Nor Cal and if the 4 to 1 and fenders are going w/ it I am going to start it at 17,500 16,000 without.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I'm married to my 2door 08 JK. But I think that the perfect wheelbase for a good build is an LJ. My son is looking for one and I'll be helping him to do a build soon.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Traded my 08 Rubi unlimited for a 06 LJ with 4D's and 60's under it and haven't looked back. Love the 4.0 over the 3.8 and nice having gotten rid of all the computer shit in the JK. Don't get me wrong I liked the Jk but the LJ is a lot better Jeep.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts