JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 2015 rubicon survive on 35" tires at stock height on road only for a few weeks until I can get my lift installed? I don't want to mess anything up while between the lift and tire installs. I was hoping to use my tax return to pay for my new tires and wheels and have them put on and sell my stock rubi tires and toss in a little more to get the lift I am after (3.5" RK XFactor)

·
Registered
138 Posts
yes but you will need to remove your rubi rails and trim the rear pinch seem and possibly take a bit off the rear of the rails.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Not all 35s are created equal. Mount 'em up. If you have no contact issues, just stay off anything that will have you flexing.
I'm running "35s" and have yet to install my lift. Been that way since last Spring....not all parts show up when you want 'em and I didn't want to climb under the thing for separate installs every time something showed up.
This precludes me venturing into wild country, tho'. Easy offroading hasn't been an issue but my 35s measure 33.5" installed.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Just get a grinder and cut an inch and a half off the rail and trim some off of the pinch seem. It is not a big deal. Don't be a candy ass. You will do it eventually anyway.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing is..will i have to trim the rail and pinch seam with the RK 3.5"? I was under the impression I wouldn't have to. If I have to anyways, than ya, might as well do it now...but if I dont have to I would rather not.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I think you're always going to need to trim or fold the rear pinch seam and trim the end of the rock rail with 35's, regardless of lift. This isn't a big deal IMHO. So put on the tires and see how they fit, but be prepared to do a little grinding.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
You will NOT need to trim the rear pinch seam on a 2015. They changed the design of the rear pinch seam in the middle of the 2013 model year, and it is no longer a problem. The rubi rails will need to have about a inch and a half of the rear however.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Redneck Ron is correct, easy peasy.......

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
for the street the rubi rails should not have to be trimmed either but every rig is different.. Even offroad they don't really come close.

If you are running stock front bumper pull the air dam and you might also be close to the front bumper itself.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I'm not gonna go too far out on the proverbial limb in guessing those 35's are BFGs, am I funfred? heh....
GoodYear, Goodrich, the sizes are all the same as far as I'm concerned...they don't measure up. In my mind, a tire that actually measures up to the size on the sidewall would be statistically insignificant. In other words, taking all tires into account, the one that is sized exactly as labeled doesn't exist.

BTW, Duratracs, 315/70 at 27psi +/- 1psi.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
GoodYear, Goodrich, the sizes are all the same as far as I'm concerned...they don't measure up. In my mind, a tire that actually measures up to the size on the sidewall would be statistically insignificant. In other words, taking all tires into account, the one that is sized exactly as labeled doesn't exist.

BTW, Duratracs, 315/70 at 27psi +/- 1psi.
PBRs and Interco are supposedly as advertized....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts