JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I currently have the RC 2.5" coils. I have the RR rear bumper, and will soon be adding a custom built tire carrier (built by RockRash4x4). I got my first look at the carrier yesterday and it is very cool, but also very heavy. I have no doubt that once I add that carrier along with the RR bumper, I'm going to get some sag on the rear.

The only rear coil spacer I can locate is the 1" TF. Are there any others? And I assume that the TF spacer will work ok with the RC coils- can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
TF and several others also make 2.5" spacers - ie. a budget boost kit.
They should work with your springs, since your springs currently fit the stock spring perches and all of the spacers just replicate a stock perch on the bottom.

I'm running PP springs up front w/TF 2.5 spacers on top

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just put the 1" TF rear spacers in mine. You'll be surprised how much difference it makes! :smokin:
I'm being cheap LOL... The TF 1" goes for $38 for one. The Daystar 3/4" is $40 for two. I just don't think the extra 1/4" (that the TF has) is worth $36 more :shaking:

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The big difference isn't the 1/4" height, it's the spring guide that only Teraflex incorporates. (that's the "spike" in the middle of the spacer, to help guide the coil back into position if it comes unseated during articulation)
Yeah, I knew that. But since I'm not worried about my coils becoming unseated... you get the picture ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts