JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NASA moon shot tonight from Wallops Island, Va. First time in 40 years we've sent anything to the moon. Should be visible up and down the Eastern Seabord. Liftoff is at 2327 EST.

The speeding rocket – barring any clouds – should be visible from eastern North Carolina, Richmond, Va., Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York, Hartford, Conn., and Boston. It will be harder to see from eastern West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Binghamton, N.Y., Syracuse, N.Y., Montpelier, Vt., Bangor, Maine and Presque Isle, Maine.
More info here. http://www.universetoday.com/104515/how-to-see-the-historic-ladee-nightime-moon-shot-on-sept-6/

Link to NASA tv here. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...serve-nasas-ladee-launch-tonight-at-1127-p-m/

· Registered
225 Posts
I thought that NASA was now only concerned with reaching out to Muslims. Is there a mosque on the moon now?

And by the way, how did we find the money for this moon shot thing anyhow? Is the sequester over?

· Registered
4,590 Posts
My son and I saw it, but it wasn't all that brilliant from here. Plus, we're in an area where it took it a while to clear the tree tops so we probably didn't see if for a minute or so after lift off. Probably missed the best part(s).

· Registered
855 Posts
I thought that NASA was now only concerned with reaching out to Muslims. Is there a mosque on the moon now?

And by the way, how did we find the money for this moon shot thing anyhow? Is the sequester over?
Pretty much what I thought.

· Registered
585 Posts
NASA's budget is already shoelace thin and the government has been reluctant to increase it at all. Since the sequester only applied to the increases in budgets, there was no NASA increase to sequester.

If we put as much money into space exploration and research as the government does welfare, we'd solve more world problems with real solutions without resorting to handouts.

~SoCo

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If we put as much money into space exploration and research as the government does welfare, we'd solve more world problems with real solutions without resorting to handouts.

~SoCo

Well, don't know about that, but it would be a much better use of money with a better ROI.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.