JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Pretty sure they are Western Turbine Wheels. They weren't very popular in the 80s when they came out because they were 16.5 in wheels. Now they are very popular today because you can run 16.5 in hummer wheels on them.

You may be able to find them under Tubine Hurricane as well.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I've seen an original exploder with these and some shitty mall terrains...definitely cool in a black on black theme.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
I can't help on the name, I can't, BUT, I can say- if you look hard enough, you can find them in 15x8 as well! I had a set on the 69 Bronco I used to have, 15x8 with a 5 on 5.5 lug pattern! Wish I could tell you the brand, we stumbled across them by accident when looking for wheels for it! Sharp looking wheel though, VERY old school!!! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah I def dig them. Trying to find a set for an xj. Then powdercoat them black. If I cant find exact bolt pattern; surely there are some adaptors that could make them work.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I emailed AKH about these about 3 weeks ago as I was considering a retro theme for my new Jeep. These went under different names from several manufacturers. The Cyclone, Hurricane, and Vector. They are all a little bit different depending the year and the series, but almost unnoticeable in most cases. They got really popular when the A-Team was on TV because B.A. Baracus had them on the van on the show.

AKH had 4 Cyclone II's 15x8 5on5 with 3.5" backspace. $320 a piece. A little rich for my budget so I passed. They probably still have them. Email them about other sizes too. Not all inventory is on their website.

They also had this to say "The II's are facially repolished and repainted either grey, white, silver or black (your choice when shipped)"

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think they are called "General Lee's!":thefinger:

·
Registered
485 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts