JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meeting at the Emunclaw Safeway at 9 AM

Don't forget about Daylight Savings!!!

Come on out, this is one of the last chance weekends; the trail closes until next July on Monday, November 15.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is not a difficult trail; it is tight, a little hilly with some mild off-camber and very scenic. This is a historic trail you have to check out.

Link to a recent group trip with snow conditions as of Halloween weekend. http://www.pnwadventures.com/forum/completed-trips/22218-return-naches-oct-30th-2010-a.html

EDIT: You should be winched up, good tires, not worried about NW tree pinstriping, so on and so on. CB is highly recommended, and should be a top of list upgrade anyway. Snow, ice and 1000s of acres of forest is much safer with CB communication. Also, be basic prepared for snow and cold conditions. That's a given.

Will be about a 5 hour day, depending on conditions ; they change quickly in that area.

My photobucket signature link has Naches Trail trip pics. Imagine snow. :)

Come out; you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, we would expect compact ice and snow. We normally will go as far as we can without risking bobsledding down a portion of the trail; very safe.

There are multiple forest road exits the length of the main trail, so always able to bail out if need be.

Also, we normally break out a grill at the cabin and let kids mess around in the snow.

·
Registered
125 Posts
sorry i have to miss this run.:pissed: I am going with a group on sat. 6. there lots of mud up there right now. only snow is at the top above 4900 ft.
bring your chain saws :D

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I'm there, might even be able to talk the wife and kid into going this time. Just got my new springs on the front so I'm anxious to find out how she'll do.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this something I could do in my stock JKU? I have some good MT tires no lift no winch.
An X correct? There are bypass forest roads that zigzag around the main trail. If you run into a problem, you can take a main road instead. We will keep you mid group to cover the lack of winch.

Didn't mention before > gotta have a CB. We need to keep in contact, especially if you are to bypass and meet back up with the group.

I say come on out. It is worth it.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
With the weather we've had the last couple days, I'm not sure if there will be much snow if any. The following weekend looks like there will be snow if the forcast is correct. Like that ever happens.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I am thinking this will just be a good full Trail run and come back on the 410. Always a good time. Looking forward to it. Hopefully meet some new JKO folks as well.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry i have to miss this run.:pissed: I am going with a group on sat. 6. there lots of mud up there right now. only snow is at the top above 4900 ft.
bring your chain saws :D
Clint,

Post up a trail/trip report. And let us know conditions. We will have 2 chainsaws with us, and plenty of capable rigs. :)

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I picked up a set of chains at Les Schwab today while I was getting my tires rotated. Not that I think I'll need them on this run but doesn't hurt to be on the safe side. I think it was around 130.oo with tensioners. Not to bad for 35 x 12.5's.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Clint,

Post up a trail/trip report. And let us know conditions. We will have 2 chainsaws with us, and plenty of capable rigs. :)
WILL DO;) IF there are any big problems i will call and let you know. WE PLAN on running the hole NACHES trail and then up 676 kaner flats to funny rocks if we have time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
SHOULD BRING ON TRAIL RUNS .

Driver's license

Proof of Insurance for you and the rig you are driving

Valid / current vehicle registration for the rig you are driving

Northwest Forest Pass if needed

Recovery points (tow hooks or shackles), preferably front and rear, so someone can assist from the front or back of your rig.

1 gal. water

Flashlight

Hi-Lift style jack

Fullsize spare tire

Tow strap

Gloves

Basic tools

First aid kit

Parking brake that works

Functional CB radio

Seat belts for all people in your rig

Fire Extinguisher

FUEL!!!!! and enough of it to get you there and back... some trips may not encounter a fuel stop along the route.

Money (cash) !! (to buy more fuel, or food, or whatever!)

Chain saw

Additional Items recommended for winter/Snow runs:
Warm gloves, and a spare pair

Extra jacket, or maybe a rain jacket.

10x10 tarp to lay on if you have to work on your rig

Boots

Towel or two - helps to dry off your jacket when it gets snow covered!

Front and rear recovery points are pretty much a MUST for snow runs!!!

Shovel for removing snow from around your tires when you get stuck

AIR DOWN

SMALL air compresser

·
Registered
18 Posts
Naches Run

I'd like to join in on the fun! gotta get up pretty early to make the 300 mile trip though! Also need a cb set up. Anybody have ideas of who sells cb stuff retail (no time to mail order)? I'll check Radio Shack after work today.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd like to join in on the fun! gotta get up pretty early to make the 300 mile trip though! Also need a cb set up. Anybody have ideas of who sells cb stuff retail (no time to mail order)? I'll check Radio Shack after work today.
Truck stops have good stuff, but watch your pricing. I think Walmart carries Cobra 75s. Also can try some auto/sporting goods places. Of course, Offroad shops have them. Your closest is Spokane, I think.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WILL DO;) IF there are any big problems i will call and let you know. WE PLAN on running the hole NACHES trail and then up 676 kaner flats to funny rocks if we have time.
Depending on time and conditions, we will probably do the same. Storm coming in on Sunday eve, so the Pass should be fine for homebound.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts