Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WTF is MYGIG?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Airpark Jeep just got awarded for selling the most Mygig's in the West Business center and they sent a rep out to find out why?

So the rep asked all kinds of questions and asked for feedback....

So I asked the obvious...Why no topo maps avail through Jeep performance?

He is going to Detriot and he will talk to the engineers to find out why not?

So heres my question, If Jeep offered Mygig topo maps would you buy them?
(Providing you have a jk)

Jason

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I definitely would if I had MyGig :pissed:
I wanted it, but I had a hell of a time finding a rubi within 200 miles of me and the lone unit I found didn't have it.
3rd choice on color and no mygig but it was there and they gave me a good deal so now I guess I'll just have to go aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I definitely would if I had MyGig :pissed:
I wanted it, but I had a hell of a time finding a rubi within 200 miles of me and the lone unit I found didn't have it.
3rd choice on color and no mygig but it was there and they gave me a good deal so now I guess I'll just have to go aftermarket.
x2. I had a bear of a time finding a Rubi. It was take it or leave it and timing was an issue. I would have loved to have a MyGig unit, especially if it had Topo. Since I don't and it doesn't I'm doing fine with Mr. Garmin ;)

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
yeah my Garmin has worked wonders for my lost butt :)
throw me in the woods in the middle of nowhere and I'm fine, but I get lost in just about every apartment complex parking lot I get close to :rasta:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, yes, YES.
Who was it in corporate Jeep-dom that thought it would be a good idea to advertise GPS in an off-road vehicle, and not include off-road navigation?
When I bought my Jeep and I saw I was getting nav, i thought "cool, it'll definately include topo maps". Imagine my dissappointment with the result.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, yes, YES.
Who was it in corporate Jeep-dom that thought it would be a good idea to advertise GPS in an off-road vehicle, and not include off-road navigation?
When I bought my Jeep and I saw I was getting nav, i thought "cool, it'll definately include topo maps". Imagine my dissappointment with the result.

Mygig does have FS rd and I have verified that on some local AZ trails...A detailed topo would be even better!

Jason

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts
I would take it, I have a portable GPS that I track everything on right now, but I would like it built into the jeep more for convenience than anythimg else. One of my buddies just bought a rubicon and it has it in there, i got to play around with it for a while and i thought it was a great asset.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would like to have it. Beats using the "breadcrumb" feature alone.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Whatever it is I want it. :idea: Sorry for my ingnorance. I'm assuming you would be able to see terain features and sutch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts