JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my daughter managed to break the touch screen on my MyGig. Any ideas on replacing this, or is the whole tuner now toast?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Toast!
How do you get along with your dealer?
You just let them know that the sun/heat cracked it.
If that doesn't work it can be sent to the repair facility by your dealer for repair.
Not too sure about the cost.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Riv,

You better hope the dealer is cool and warranties it. If not, go aftermarket. Those MyGiG's are super expensive retail...couple grand. :shaking:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Riv,

You better hope the dealer is cool and warranties it. If not, go aftermarket. Those MyGiG's are super expensive retail...couple grand. :shaking:
Not too bad when they are repaired/exchanged.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
i would say its not coeverd unless you fib to the dealer, which is what i would do.make her get a job and pay for a new one

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Riverkid,
Call Steve at Harman Becker at 248-994-2794. He may be able to help.:beer:

·
Registered
966 Posts
cracked screens are almost never covered unless you can get them to believe it broke under normal operation and was a defective screen. I got my Eclipse unit warrantied by insisting and calling and emailing that I was just changing the station and the screen cracked.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Bad boys, what a tangled web we weave...........

She's 8 LOL.
I hear finishlinewest just got in a shipment of milk crates. She should be able to reach the welding table:D

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Well, my daughter managed to break the touch screen on my MyGig. Any ideas on replacing this, or is the whole tuner now toast?
Yo Mr BREAK BOY

WTF is up with your luck :thefinger:

I haven't seen that co-pilot in the seat in quite a while, that was probably a :beer: that flew forward while you were @ 80 on the WHOOPS with that rocket of yours. :laughing:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Is that my gig a nav unit? I will buy that from you if you have no luck on the screen repair. I can fix it myself

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes sir. If they don't warranty it I'll be replacing it with an Eclipse setup. I have that in my truck with the ipod control and it works great...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts