JKOwners Forum banner

MyGig RER update

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  jtphoto JK 
#1 · (Edited)
New updates available for the RER. Version 2.042, 317mb and Gracenotes 1287, 823mb

DOWNLOAD LINKS REMOVED BY ME. READ BELOW

EDIT: I just talked to Harman-Becker after reading some conflicting info on some MyGig sites. I would not download this version and update your MyGig with it. According to HB this is not an official release, it is Beta and may or may not cause a radio reset to occur. This means your screen may go black for a few seconds and then re-appear and play normally. There are still some bugs to work out of this version. If you are running version 1.220 which is the latest official version you might want to just leave it alone and wait until the next version becomes official (2.043) Sorry about the post. I went back to MOFV and reread the thread with the update. That's when I started reading conflicting info and called HB.

#2 ·
I downloaded and installed it, it works great. the system seems much faster overall.

#3 ·
yeah, that's what i was hearing over at mofv but there is quite a bit of confusion over this beta update. after talking to HB i decided not to burn a dvd and update. i have 1.220 and it's working just fine. i can wait for the milisecond differences in speed and the other changes. even though it's a beta it was not released by HB because of all the bugs it still has. the next official release will be 2.043. but hey i don't believe it will cause any serious problems and you can always reload. :smokin:

#8 ·
don't know why the change in revision numbers. I have 1.220 running now. the next OFFICIAL version from HB per HB will be 2.043. The new Gracenotes is out now, Gracenotes 1287 and available for download from http://mofv.com/MyGIG/

Quote from user on Mofv.com/MyGig about JKForum

"It was posted on the Jeep site, but I didn't realize the moderators removed it (but why in the heck would they?) "

#10 ·
Not a problem here with 2.042. As a matter of fact I had more issues with the factory released version 9.713. Even the beta ver 9.715 was less trouble then 9.708 and 9.713.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.