JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just installed an rer (nav, sat) from another 07 in my 07. If i understand correctly, the uconnect is built in, so no extra module is needed. If this is so, does that mean all I have to do is buy a mic and my bluetooth and voice recognition for the navi will both work? Ive read a few posts and the info seems to vary.... thanks!!

Edit: im really more interested in getting the VR working for nav than I am the bluetooth, if it matters...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi all. I just installed an rer (nav, sat) from another 07 in my 07. If i understand correctly, the uconnect is built in, so no extra module is needed. If this is so, does that mean all I have to do is buy a mic and my bluetooth and voice recognition for the navi will both work? Ive read a few posts and the info seems to vary.... thanks!!

Edit: im really more interested in getting the VR working for nav than I am the bluetooth, if it matters...
Yes you need a mic, and you have to turn the function on in the Engineering menu. It will control phone and radio functions with voice commands, not nav.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you need a mic, and you have to turn the function on in the Engineering menu. It will control phone and radio functions with voice commands, not nav.
Thanks. So is there anything i can do to make voice commands work for the nav as well, since that is what im most concerned with?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sorry, I'm wrong, there are nav related voice commands available. I never use the VR so I forgot that it was enabled in the Nav portion of the system.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I'm wrong, there are nav related voice commands available. I never use the VR so I forgot that it was enabled in the Nav portion of the system.
Great....thats what i was hoping. Any reccomendations for a mic to purchase? Dealer or aftermarket?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I started with one from coastaletech and the POS didn't work and neither did their tech support. I got the Mopar version and it worked the first try.

I think this my be the one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-MOPAR-MYGIG-MICROPHONE-MIC-kit-part-1-82211743AB-/170717551314?pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr&hash=item27bf8f1ad2#ht_500wt_715

You'll probably pay double at the dealership. It's an easy install, plug and play.

Install vid:
http://www.coastaletech.com/WRANGLER_INSTALL.htm

Defacto MyGig info site:
http://mofv.com/mygig/

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
MOPAR# 82211743AB
Retail $42.30
Includes pigtail jumper and mic with wire.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Nav-TV makes the AllGig USB w/microphone. It not only enables Uconnect but enables all the capabilities that Chrysler disabled at the factory. Allows updating the software via USB cable to "black box" to MyGig. Bit pricy but i've had mine since Feb. 2008 with not problems.:)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nav-TV makes the AllGig USB w/microphone. It not only enables Uconnect but enables all the capabilities that Chrysler disabled at the factory. Allows updating the software via USB cable to "black box" to MyGig. Bit pricy but i've had mine since Feb. 2008 with not problems.:)
Yea, down the road, id like to get either a lock pick or an all gig. But for now, im going low budget and just adding a mic. I figure for only 40 or 50 bucks, it worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts