JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I recently built a pair of deck baskets for mine and my friends JK. Here is a small write-up and a few pics. Not going to go into great details here, you should be able to get the idea from the pics. Oh, and the date is wrong on the camera also..lol.

I made this baskets for my friends JK to give him some usable space and to prevent theives from stealing his sub box. The basket is supported on a metal frame that prevents the box from being removed.

All welded up and ready for paint:

Painted and testing fit and getting placement for the frame:

Installed above his speaker box:

Ok for my JK I wanted a box that I could put my amp and Sub in and have two sides for trail stuff and a drawer in the bottom for my rifle. It had to have a lid and support a basket when completed.

The beginning of the box:

Here you can see what it will look like and you can see that I started the extra side pieces that will make the entire rear deck:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rear deck completed and carpeted:

Basket welded and starting to get paint:

Installed:

Welp, there ya have it folks. Both these baskets are big enough for the smaller adventure totes. More pics later.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Once again rutdigger you are the man.

Your shit always comes out looking so prostyle. Would love to be able to do this but I still need the back seat for the kid, well until I get a barrio mobile that I can use as the daily driver.

:beer:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once again rutdigger you are the man.

Your shit always comes out looking so prostyle. Would love to be able to do this but I still need the back seat for the kid, well until I get a barrio mobile that I can use as the daily driver.

:beer:
What he said ^^^^ Very nice. I may be looking for a basket soon..
Thanks guys..I plan on adding a CPL tailgate latches that I can add to the inside of the box then wire them to the tailgate latch so I can use my key fob to lock and unlock the box. Oh and my Safari Net will be here tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Awesome stuff man! Two thumbs up! :beer::)

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Good lord guy how much free time do you have? And the stuff you do turns out great! Hell I have been trying to get back to the hardware store for three weeks to pick up the ten bags of concrete that I already paid for!

I have been looking into doing something along the same lines but doing all of the woodwork out of 3/4" "starboard". It's the somewhat soft plastic used on boats and such, it has a very simulary feel and workability as MDF except for water proof and sun resistant.
Nay way if you run out of projects i'm working on a 16' x 16' tree house that I could use some help with!!! Just kidding, keep up the good work!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks great!! I was on my laptop in my Jeep eating my Mcnuggets. I was so impressed with your work, I spilled my Mcnugget sauce all over my laptop. I wish someone would invent a sauce holder for the JK.......he he

·
Registered
163 Posts
Looks amazing man!! You should really consider putting out a price on these if you have the time to build them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks great!! I was on my laptop in my Jeep eating my Mcnuggets. I was so impressed with your work, I spilled my Mcnugget sauce all over my laptop. I wish someone would invent a sauce holder for the JK.......he he
LMFAO!! Dude, you almost made me spew my coke..:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts