JKOwners Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
My fat ass of a Jeep somehow came in at ~5850. One tons and 40s, heavy ass rear bumper and a very light front. Thats it. No fenders or aftermarket sliders. Based on that I think you will be north of 6K by quite a bit. If you somehow come in under 5850, Ill book you a flight to CO so my Jeep can go on the gt1guy diet :grin2:
I think gt1guy is talking 6000# sprung weight, hell he has 400#'s of welding wire in the hood alone.:surprise: I would suspect the whole rig will be 7500-8000#'s

Man I hope you guys are wrong. I fear you're not though.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I was shocked at how much the rear tub and frame section weighed. 2"x.120 DOM weigh 2.5#s per foot. How many sticks did you use on that cage? Spare? Your shocks should be 300#'s+, heavier power train?, wheels and axles should come in close to a ton. Stock sport soft top is 4600#'s Coming in total under 6K is a pipe dream. I was 5530#'s on my 2 door with 40's before I cut the rear section off. It had doors on it but no roof or rear seats.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Kevin will get the last laugh on us all when he sets the new trend by mountin' his 4-ton toy on the tracks he talked 'bout. AND then ain't gonna have no worries 'bout the full hydro steerin'.

Mite take awhile to get to San Diego tho. :grin2:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Have you seen Jeep's lower 40 build from years back? If you want to run 38s with no lift and want any sort of usable up travel, its going to require a bit more than a comp cut...
It's not up travel I am too concerned about. It's down travel. I'm more into overlanding/dirt trails. I rarely do rocks like most of you guys do.
I hope you have some wide axles. J.dub
haha, yes sir. That and negative offset.
Just squirt some hydrogen into all that tube and you're golden.
This man is not wrong.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I wonder if someone herecan give me some clarification. I'm about to redo the lift in my JKU. I am removing what's left of an Rk 2.5" Max travel lift, and replacing it with a 3 inch Teraflex lift with the Alpine adjustable arms. I have flat fenders, and was running 35, and I am going to 37s. I have already re geared, done C-gussets on the front and Chromo shafts in the rear. I am also planning to put in Synergy sector shaft brace. What other the things might I need to look at as far as clearance goes? I know this is probably been covered on this form before, but the search function on this page sucks.
edit - pinch seam is already dealt with.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I tried it with 4.5" backspace. Had to get Taran to get some 3.5" soft 8's. Then the rubber is 1" outside Bushwacker wide flatties. Whistler PoPo gonna be looking for you. No rubbing but the turning radius is in the crew cab long box range.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I tried it with 4.5" backspace. Had to get Taran to get some 3.5" soft 8's. Then the rubber is 1" outside Bushwacker wide flatties. Whistler PoPo gonna be looking for you. No rubbing but the turning radius is in the crew cab long box range.
Lol. Fortunately I live and work in Pemberton now. The Jeep is a toy now and just used for adventuring as I walk to work. I am hoping to keep my poke to a minimum. If I have to I'll add some garden edging or something like that to my Fender Flares. Might look like shit but it'llkeep the popo off my back. I might just try and use the rims I have for now and see how that works out, they have 41/4" BS, although I'm not sure what what they are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello thank you for the info Thedirtman .. I have a question about leveling kits to get rid of the factory rake .. I don’t understand why a 2 inch lift needs a new driveshaft or spacers for the exhaust on a Jku 2012 But a leveling kit which adds 2 inches to the coils in the front doesn’t need the same ..?? Any thoughts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally someone understands me. I'm running 35's on stock suspension w/ fender flares removed and heavily cut fenders front and rear. I get shit on often by the lift guys. Yet off road & on road I have a smoother ride compared to those JK's I've ridden in that are lifted.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Finally someone understands me. I'm running 35's on stock suspension w/ fender flares removed and heavily cut fenders front and rear. I get shit on often by the lift guys. Yet off road & on road I have a smoother ride compared to those JK's I've ridden in that are lifted.
Lowcog is the goal. I like the cut and fit with a small (2") lift. That gives better than stock travel up and down, and pulls the belly up a bit. Big lifts are for street trucks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ran no lift with 35s, then ran no lift with 37s trimmed. Then 2.5”, then 3”. Worked fine on the street and gravel each time until I beach whaled my loaded 4 door all the way through the rubicon each version and made a 17 gallon gas tank out of a 21 over the course of 5 years.
It works fine unless you use it.
37s on a 4” is my sweet spot.

Edit: Not that anyone reads this shit.

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,319 Posts
I ran no lift with 35s, then ran no lift with 37s trimmed. Then 2.5”, then 3”. Worked fine on the street and gravel each time until I beach whaled my loaded 4 door all the way through the rubicon each version and made a 17 gallon gas tank out of a 21 over the course of 5 years.
It works fine unless you use it.
37s on a 4” is my sweet spot.

Edit: Not that anyone reads this shit.
I read it. Not sure I understood what you were saying :LOL:🍺

41 - 54 of 54 Posts