JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got this thing done! I mounted my relays, and got my switch panel all put together and ready to mount. All I have left is to run the harness through the firewall and wire up the power, and I'm ready to start adding components. :bounce:

Considering I designed the switch panel in autocad while I was overseas and couldn't get my hands on a jeep - the fit is perfect. It barely clears the auto-shifter bezel on its botom side and the red guard on the left has about 1/2" clearance to the side from the transfer case selector. :D

Took a long time to get this all put together, but totally worth it since my total cost was half of what an Spod would cost, and I get my 5 switches on the lower dash. Thanks again to John from Spod for the help with acquiring parts while I was deployed!

I mounted it up before I painted it to check fit, now I'm just waiting to have enough time to finish it. :beer:

The relays are all packed into a 5x8 aluminum box. I dropped the extra dime for the ATX fuse block - I just prefer them. I'm refinishing the lid (why it isn't on in this picture) because it got all scratched up getting shipped bact to the states after I built it. :pissed:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you can see it mocked up for fitting at the bottom of the screen. This was right after I installed my new stereo/dvd player. I really hate that you have to cut the dash bracket to install a standard double din stereo - I would think that is something designers would take into consideration... :shaking:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Not bad for not having a Jeep to test fit. Great job!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WTF is that all about?:shaking:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Took a long time to get this all put together, but totally worth it since my total cost was half of what an Spod would cost, and I get my 5 switches on the lower dash. Thanks again to John from Spod for the help with acquiring parts while I was deployed!
Wow what a testament to John at SPod! He helped you free of charge to build a product he makes, in order to save you the cost of his profit! If I ever need a rack of switches for my rig, SPod will be the only company I call. :beer:

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'll add my kudos to sPOD as if John needed additional support. He is also banned at the evil empire, another reason to support.

Your switch project looks great. Another plus, you still have room for an sPOD.

·
Registered
45 Posts
QUOTE=d'sjk;612827]I second this!!!![/QUOTE]

I third?? This. I got my spod this week, and have not installed it yet, but it is very impressive and John is a great guy to deal with.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using my knobs

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another plus, you still have room for an sPOD.
Ha ha. Considering what a PITA this thing was and how much time it took to scratch together every piece, I will probably go rout of the Spod for future relay needs. A large part of why I wanted to do it myself is that I was deployed and needed a project to keep me busy in my down time. :beer:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Looks good, but, I'd be weary on mounting the relays flat like that. I've seen quite a few relays build up condensation in them and short out mounted like that, and upside down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts