JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my jeep for over 3 years now and it has been a fun ride. I have certainly enjoyed reading other peoples build threads and experiences, so thought of sharing my own with you all… This is not exactly a build thread but just chronicling my jeep adventure…

To start it off, this was my 1st jeep and is also my daily driver. It’s a 2007 Sahara, here’s a picture of it when I got it.

It already had a TF 2.5” Budget Boost, which server me well up till now.

The modifications were mostly done on a break-it then upgrade-it philosophy!!!
So the 1st thing to break or need fixing was a Death Wobble issue after about 3 months of owning it. So took it to the dealer who replaced the stock Steering Stabilizer with another stock one :suicide:, but that didn’t solve the issue and put on a Procomp steering stabilizer myself, which worked for almost 3 years and is one of the reasons which prompted this thread!!!

Next was the the Rugged Ridge XHD bumper, BFG A/Ts, a DIY hi-lift setup behind the rear seats and a XRC8 winch.

Next was the sway bar links, which snapped while getting up a boulder on Slaughterhouse gulch trail in CO. Got the JKS sway bar quick disconnects, makes it much better to drive the trails.

Added a set of KC Daylighter driving lights and Mastercraft grab handles. The lights are wired to come on with the fog lights.

At the top of Pearl Pass, Aspen:

And the latest addition RK 2.5” Flex lift, 15” MB-72 wheels, 33-12.5-15 Duratracs and Poly ball joints.
Driveway pic for now:

More on the lift install experience to come...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.