JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my rear bumper the other day.

Chopped out a section of the rear cross member to make room for the winch.

If you wanted to know what the inside of your rear cross member looked like.

Welded in a strip of 3/16th to box in the cross member

Made some mounts out of 2x4 1/4 wall

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Rear plate tacked in,

trimmed up and winch mocked in

Started on the top.

side plates tacked in

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Winch plate and the rest of the top tacked in place. Used a 1/4 plate for the winch, 3/16th on everything else.

Boxed in around the winch.

Receiver hitch welded in

Woulda got more done but ran out of welding wire. Hope to have some more done soon.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive only found two company's that make a bumper with the winch in the rear; benchmark which is my favorite and I think olympic, not a big fan. So I decided to fab my own.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Man, that is so cool. Been fiddling around with rear bumper design and that is looking great. Built my front bumper but the rear posess much more challenges. Lookin great. :beer:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, that is so cool. Been fiddling around with rear bumper design and that is looking great. Built my front bumper but the rear posess much more challenges. Lookin great. :beer:
Thank you sir, I built my front bumper as well and the rear has been much more time and labor intensive

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
nice job!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Badass, man. I, like Bendrinken, made my own front and am looking forward to working on the rear. Killer setup and looks mean too. Any plans for a tire swing or cage?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a hinge set up and latch from comp 4x4, plan on making a tire carrier that has a spot for my hi-lift shovel and ax as well as the cargo rack above the tire and the jerry can set up on either side of the tire.
I got the reciver hitch tied into the frame mounts with some 2x2 1/8th in wall and finished up the bottom skid plate, ill post some pics up tomorrow when I get off work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts