JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am...selling the Jeep.

It's just lifted too high & gets too bad of gas mileage, and we are having to save pennys.

I can't help but feel like I'm giving up my "I am a bad ass. Don't f&%# with me." card though...

Only good thing is our friend is buying it from us...so maybe I'll get to see it on weekends.

·
Registered
866 Posts
"Too high"??? No such thing. That's why the power step was designed. :D
A paid for vehicle that gets 13MPG costs less to own than a new POS that get 30MPG.
Gas isn't the only consideration.
Crash survival is more important than MPG. I have seen what an old YJ can do to a Honda Civic. Saw it from the driver's seat. Thanks God there was no one in her passenger seat. That side of the Honda caved right in.
The smallest vehicle in our garage is a 2010 Patriot. Huge inside. Fits my 6'4" son in the back seat behind my 5'10" wife. And it gets 30MPG. Anything beyond that MPG is designed to help lower health care spending. Crash fatalities cost less to treat than crash survivors. The only way to increase your survival chances in a small car crash is to be good and drunk. It seems drunks always survive even when they kill everyone in the car they hit. ;)

·
Registered
11,063 Posts
Wow that sucks, but gotta do what's best. Do you and Shub currently both have Jeeps, I can't remember? Either way you're stuck with us :rasta:

Besides it's all good, having a Jeep doesn't make you a badass, being a badass makes you a badass.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
SUCKS

I am...selling the Jeep.

It's just lifted too high & gets too bad of gas mileage, and we are having to save pennys.

I can't help but feel like I'm giving up my "I am a bad ass. Don't f&%# with me." card though...

Only good thing is our friend is buying it from us...so maybe I'll get to see it on weekends.
That really sucks. I had to sell my high school hot rod this past year. But I wanted to keep my house MORE !!! There will always be another Jeep to mess with when money comes around !!!!
:beer::beer::beer:

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
sorry to hear.....they even used the Jeep in the terminator movie to show what is the toughest vehicle....you sure you want to give it up and become a Prius class driver?! :laughing:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He has a Avalanche (company truck) and I have the Jeep.
I'm not "big" preggo yet, but I have a little bump and already at 15 weeks, I get off work and my back hurts basically from the midpoint down to the tailbone. The stiff suspension in the 4 in lift does me no favors. I accidentally ran over a squirrel this morning (and proceeded to sob for 30 min...) and it felt like a drove over a LOG. Schubbie finally put the stock steps back on, and that helps getting in, but I know when I'm climbing up to pull a car seat out and am straining my back more, it's gonna be a huge pain in my back and a bigger pain for hubby's ears.

We test drove a Acura RDX last night that is worth 26000, but they're asking for 22000. It's really smooth driving and gets good gas mileage, like 15 city and 24 hwy.

Our friend has promised that if he ever sells it, we'll get the first pick. Also Schubbie is still going to help him build it up, and we'll go offroading at Barnwell still.

MY goal is to get another JKU in three years or so and build it up right. Buy a good lift kit, bumper, fenders, ect. My only requirement is it has to be a green JK, and dammit the CB WILL work or else I'ma severely injure someone!

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Female testicles and dog penises <---- This is what greeted me today when I stepped on board this freak-ship, JKO.

I have always had a lifted Jeep in the driveway for the last 9 years. It's hard to imagine not having one at this point.

Like stated- doesn't make you who you are. Gotta do what you gotta do. Never know....maybe down the road it can happen again. Good luck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know the Jeep doesn't make me a bad ass...I just feel super lame having to get something else...

And I am not driving a f*%ing Prius.

The only car I would get is a G8 GXP but they are rare and super pricey.

No hybrids for me. Just something we can go on a road trip and it not be $1000 in gas.

·
Registered
553 Posts
It is what it is, I'll buy another something to tinker with sometime in the future, unless of course, the world ends in October...

·
Registered
445 Posts
I completely understand. When I was pregnant, Lance wanted to buy me a JK, but I knew there was no way I would be able to lift a baby into a JK on 35s, so we got something a little more practical.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Her family has a curse...

Almost every female in her family tried to get pregnant, thought they couldn't, went out and bought a vehicle that was totally impractical for luggin' a newborn around in, and BAM! baby on the way. lol

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Her family has a curse...

Almost every female in her family tried to get pregnant, thought they couldn't, went out and bought a vehicle that was totally impractical for luggin' a newborn around in, and BAM! baby on the way. lol

Well I hope you 2 stick around. I for one, enjoy your guys wit. Best o luck with the new critter. :beer:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol In the Jeeps defense, it was okay when we purchased it and it was stock. Although after we had issues getting/staying pregnant, we gave up on babies, and lifted it, gave it bigger tires, regeared it, bought all kinds of things and took it out and had more fun in than we ever thought we would, and theeeen BAM. Pregnant.

At least we didn't get a two door like my cousin did... :shaking:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts