JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...Before I bought my JK, I had a 1999 TJ with a 3" lift and 33" tires...along with many other goodies. When I was living in PA, I put it up for sale on CraigsList.com. Two days later, I get a message from a guy who wants to buy it. Turns out he's the Marketing VP at 4WD Hardware. He added more stuff to the TJ and uses it in their catalog and on their website as a "model" for a roof rack.

Here's the link if you'd like to check it out...

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=6730

Just thought I'd share something kinda neat.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Oh No!...we have a "Big Headed" celebrity now...awesome looking TJ

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh No!...we have a "Big Headed" celebrity now...
Yea, that's right...big star over here. If anyone wants me to autograph their Jeep, just drive over to my place and bring a Sharpie in your choice of color. Not everyone at once though...:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow that's so cool. I bet we are never going to hear the end of this.

"So what's the story for the roof rack on that JK"

"Well, do you rememebr that time my TJ...........":rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow that's so cool. I bet we are never going to hear the end of this.

"So what's the story for the roof rack on that JK"

"Well, do you rememebr that time my TJ...........":rolleyes:
The really cool part of all of this is that I keep in contact with the guy who bought my TJ. He told me "If you ever need anything, let me know". He took care of me when I bought my lift, tires & wheels for my JK. :cool:

·
Registered
124 Posts
That is pretty Cool Big O, I have a guy at Olympic 4x4 that I Emailed to ask a question and he answered it then asked what I thought of some of thier products. So I answered him and I was straight up with him and I wasn't kind about what I thought. He wrote back and thanked me. He then started asking me my opinion on designs and he kept telling me to be honest and that he realy wanted to know. So I kept being honest. He again thanked me and is going to send me pictures of a prototype on a new bumper he is working on to see how I like it. Now isn't that cool. A company cares what I think. Some redneck out of Springfield Oregon. I asked him for 10%, but instead I'm getting a Tshirt. It sure made me feel good. I'm was not asked to write this nor do I get anything for writing this. All this was done before I became a member here. So what I'm saying is I am not trying to sell anything to anyone or trying to talk anyone into buying anything from them. I just wanted all to know how cool it was to be treated so nicely from a large company.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is pretty Cool Big O, I have a guy at Olympic 4x4 that I Emailed to ask a question and he answered it then asked what I thought of some of thier products. So I answered him and I was straight up with him and I wasn't kind about what I thought. He wrote back and thanked me. He then started asking me my opinion on designs and he kept telling me to be honest and that he realy wanted to know. So I kept being honest. He again thanked me and is going to send me pictures of a prototype on a new bumper he is working on to see how I like it. Now isn't that cool. A company cares what I think. Some redneck out of Springfield Oregon. I asked him for 10%, but instead I'm getting a Tshirt. It sure made me feel good. I'm was not asked to write this nor do I get anything for writing this. All this was done before I became a member here. So what I'm saying is I am not trying to sell anything to anyone or trying to talk anyone into buying anything from them. I just wanted all to know how cool it was to be treated so nicely from a large company.
Good thing you didnt post this at the other site. You would have been booted. If you havent been allready.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm was not asked to write this nor do I get anything for writing this. All this was done before I became a member here. So what I'm saying is I am not trying to sell anything to anyone or trying to talk anyone into buying anything from them. I just wanted all to know how cool it was to be treated so nicely from a large company.
Ha ha...you put a disclaimer in there. The other site has trained you well, grasshopper. :D

Seriously though, that is pretty cool that they wanted your feedback. Your comments will help them make a better product. I own a website business (create and sell software) and I know I really like feedback...positive or negative. I don't have any T-shirts to give out though...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good thing you didnt post this at the other site. You would have been booted. If you havent been allready.
I already was asked to leave the other site. I haven't been back to see if it says BAN by my name or not. But then again, I don't care what that site does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts