JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up and in the process now of building it. When I got it it was ROUGH. Needs a ton of work. But it's exactly what I wanted. 5.3/th350/203/205 doubler 60/14b. It is on leafs now so I have all the heims coming in to link it. I will be swapping to full hydraulic too. I am literally rewiring the entire jeep. It was a fire waiting to happen. Should be a fun build. I'll post pics as progress is made

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. My poor jk was getting beat a little much for a nice jeep so this thing will save its life! Ill wheel my jk with the family and keep it good for trail riding and mountains. Ill have this one for the good stuff.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Your a smart man I should have done the same. Instead I threw 1 tons under the jk and have dents on every body panel haha and now Im aready planning a stretch for it and the jeep isn't even a year old.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I don't know how I don't have any body damage. I do have a lot of brush scratches. My rockers and bumpers are beat bad.... Rockers damn sure are worth their weight in gold. I have a set of HP60s for my jk I will put in this winter. What all brakets did you use on your jk? Any pics?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice yj you got going on reminds me of my old jeep. Keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks man. With work I now have a guy out there doing some piddly stuff now. Hopefully I can get it finished before long. Ready to beat on it!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ordered some new stuff. Got a rear aluminum light bar from ruff stuff, artec rear truss, BTF weld your own cover for 59 bucks. Also waiting on the rest of my frot suspension to come in. I'm using 1.25" cromoly heims a d 2" .250" wall Dom for bottom and top link. I'm doing a 3 link. For the truss for the top link axle side I went with a BTF solid industries truss. It will connect and weld to each axle tube over the diff. Should help add a bit of strength and should be absolutly undestructable.
I also picked up a set of 42" irocs and wheels.

It's getting there!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Getn a little done here and there. Have front suspension just about ready. Lacking trackbar and steering. The. Ill order brakes and driveshafts, paint it and wire it up and wheel it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.