JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up my rig today, prior to heading out to MOAB. The prototype bumpers have been replaced with production versions, and to no surprise these are awesome. Top quality, and SOLID. The production versions have some nicechanges, a third brake ligt (center of spare) lic plate mount with light and the tire mount is now adjustable for different offsets.

The front is just as awesome. My new powerplant fits perfect with access to all points. In addition. Poly Performance has incorperated the fog lights (from my factory bumper) which is a nice feature. The powder coat is great. I cant say enough about the qaulity of this stuff. Thanks again Poly!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I spoke to Drew and Dave, I got the impression these are available within the next 2-3 weeks. Hope to see a few of you at MOAB, I know Poly will have a booth there at the vendor show, hence, they will have all the inof you need.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Just for the record I hate you. :thefinger:

I have been waiting with cash in my pocket for that rear bumper for nearly 6 months now.

How come you have one and I don't? bastard

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
BTW, your jeep lokos great with the two together!

I already have the Shrockworks stubby before I knew about this bumper.

Anyway, is there space between the tire and the lower part of the swing away to mount a hi-lift horizontal?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha! Did I mention that they are REALLY nice? I do think you could work a Hi-Lift in the area you mentioned. Your wait should not be much longer, they are really close, like I said these are production units.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looks great! Does the tire carrier lock in the open position by chance? Any rattling?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The tire carrier does lock in open position and there are absolutely no rattles. I am serious when I speak of the quality of this company, there is no bias here, these things are solid and well built. I have run Warn, Jeeperman, etc, and these take the prize hands down. The rear is very smooth in opening etc. The hinge mount is the size of a Dana 44 hub! I am very pleased that I went with this set up. Let me know if I can get any specifc shots for you.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
The tire carrier does not lock in open position and there are absolutely no rattles.
Look again. The production units feature a spring loaded pin similar to the one that operates the latch mechanism. It allows the tire carrier to be locked in the open position.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Crap! PIG is absolutley right (as he should be)!!!! The bumper does indeed lock in open position! Even better. Yes, the bumper has a nice latch that allows the bumper to remain secure. This thing just gets better and better the more I look at it!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Does anyone know how much the bumpers weigh? And how about pricing?? These are slowly moving up my short list!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PIG will have that info! These should be the only thing on your list! I am off to MOAB!!!!! Finally!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I have been getting a lot of PMs so I thought I would just throw up some requested pictures to help out. Here is the one of the PIN that allows the bumper to be LOCKED in open position. It does a great job and the Swing out does not moved in locked position.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts