JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Everyone, please welcome the 707-hp Jeep Wrangler you didn’t know you were waiting for yet secretly hoped Chrysler would someday build. The Jeep Trailcat, created for Jeep’s 50th annual Easter Safari fan fest in Moab, Utah, has between its frame rails the very same supercharged V-8 Hellcat engine that has been decimating Dodge Challenger and Charger tires since 2014. This is the best worst idea ever!

You can figure out where the Trailcat name came from, so we’ll skip that explanation and get right down to the important issue here: This Wrangler has a Hellcat engine, and it’s bolted to a six-speed manual transmission (!). That’s the only data point that matters. Jeep says it lengthened the Trailcat’s wheelbase by 12 inches over that of a regular Wrangler to help the engine fit, or maybe to try to imbue this monster with some dynamic civility. But really, why even try?

Colossal 39.5-inch BFGoodrich Krawler T/A tires, Fox shocks, and a two-inch lift perch the Jeep even farther above the pavement, and there are precisely zero aerodynamic elements added to the body to help this misshapen Titan missile tumble through the air. Since we imagine any high-speed run in the Trailcat would feel like riding a Hellcat-powered knuckleball, it’s probably a good thing Jeep sourced well-bolstered bucket seats from the Dodge Viper to hold occupants in terror-filled situ. A custom shift knob with the Hellcat logo on it, Dana 60 axles front and rear, a two-inch-lower windshield, a domed and vented hood, tubular half-doors, LED headlights, and rock rails round out the Trailcat’s list of modifications.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/jeep-trailcat-is-the-707-hp-hellcat-powered-wrangler-from-hell/

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
You're like a week or two late.......

·
Registered
683 Posts
That front bumper looks completely retarded.
really? 707 HP, 6 spd manual, 39.5 in tires and you worry about the bumper?

screw the bumper, change it if you don't like it, but I sure wouldn't pass up buying it because of a bumper LOL

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Let's play "guess the retail sticker price"
$80,000.00 usd

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
really? 707 HP, 6 spd manual, 39.5 in tires and you worry about the bumper?

screw the bumper, change it if you don't like it, but I sure wouldn't pass up buying it because of a bumper LOL
I'm not worried about the bumper and you don't have to not pass up buying it because of the bumper. Why is that? Because like all concept vehicles, it will be crushed. It doesn't have a VIN number and it hasn't gone through any of the testing vehicles have to go through. It's a marketing toy/tool. It will never be for sale or produced in any numbers. Unless they call it a race car.

Yes, it's a cool looking Jeep. But the best we can do is take aspects of it that we like, and incorporate them into our own Jeeps, with our own hands.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm not worried about the bumper and you don't have to not pass up buying it because of the bumper. Why is that? Because like all concept vehicles, it will be crushed. It doesn't have a VIN number and it hasn't gone through any of the testing vehicles have to go through. It's a marketing toy/tool. It will never be for sale or produced in any numbers. Unless they call it a race car.

Yes, it's a cool looking Jeep. But the best we can do is take aspects of it that we like, and incorporate them into our own Jeeps, with our own hands.
true maybe, although I was very surprised when Ford brought out the Raptor.....

·
Registered
216 Posts

That's because Chrysler has no history of turning concepts into production cars. I mean except for the Grand Cherokee, the Viper, the Prowler, and, of course, the 707 hp Hellcat...

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
That's because Chrysler has no history of turning concepts into production cars. I mean except for the Grand Cherokee, the Viper, the Prowler, and, of course, the 707 hp Hellcat...
And how often is the production model exactly like the concept car? The basic layout might be there, but after adding compliant bumpers, crumple zones, rollover protection, side impact protection, bla, bla, bla, it's a wee bit different. The Prowler concept looked awesome, the production car looked dumb. There was more than one Viper concept.

This concept Jeep looks cool (except for that bumper:thefinger:), and yet we already know what a production Jeep looks like. Hell, anyone with a 2dr already has the biggest part needed to build one.

Let me ask this: What does that Jeep have, that you can't buy today and install on your jeep?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sweet ride high price

I sell the Wranglers new and a hard rock Rubicon can sticker for upwards of $55,000 so I'm guessing this would be easily 70 to $80,000.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts