JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you might know from my rants here and there, I haven't been all that thrilled with my job for awhile. So, I decided to just up and quit. No notice, no nothing. Just didn't show up.

I have a new gig lined up with the local paper. It's not a glory position, but it's a start. I'm the new advice columnist. Say hello to Dan The Answer Man!

My first request for advice was pretty interesting and even involved a JK!

Check it out:

Dear Answer Man Dan

I hope you can help me here because I am at my wit’s end. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the living room watching the TV as usual. He has been laid off for more than a year now. He still has unemployment benefits coming in, but I know being out of work bothers him greatly.

I hadn't driven more than a mile down the road in our Jeep Wrangler Unlimited [ !!! ]when the engine conked out and the Jeep shuddered slowly to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help with my engine troubles. What I saw when I got home left me speechless. He was in our bed with the neighbor's 22 year old daughter. I am 32, my husband is 35. We have been married for ten years now.

When I confronted him with what I had seen, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him it was to stop or I would be leaving him. Since he was let go from his job, he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him so very much but ever since I issued my ultimatum, he has grown increasingly distant. He refuses go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore.
I don’t know where else to turn with my problems.
Can you please help point me in the right direction?

Sincerely,
Sheila

Dear Sheila:

I recently had a very similar experience myself. I know it's not what you want to hear, but even after you diagnose something to death, in the end, there are only three root causes for what you’re experiencing.

A Jeep stalling after being driven such a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults within your engine or one of its components. You can start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line by purging it and verifying there is nothing clogging it. If the line is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold to ensure you’re getting proper airflow and also check your grounding wires. You could also pull the spark plugs and coil pack to ensure the plugs are not fouled or the coil pack shorting out to the engine block. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that your fuel pump is faulty. If this is the case, so long as you are under warranty and have never EVER been offroad in your Jeep, your only remaining remedy may be to stop into the dealership for a diagnostic test.

I sincerely hope this resolves the issue.

Dan The Answer Man

·
Registered
11,063 Posts
lol you had me for a minute until just after Dear Answer Man Dan. That one is a a classic:laughing:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Jerry just got out of bed ( swimming down the pines all day ) read him your post, he cracked up pooped on the floor and went back to bed. Thanks Dan now I got to clean it up before the Bonecollector gets back from the store. Dam dog has a strange way of rateing your posts this one got "ONE POOP" Not bad Dan.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll try harder next time.

Jerry will rate my next effort with the coveted "explosive projectile splatterpaint diarrhea".

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would warn you in advance, but that would take away the fun in learning how Jerry rated my posts on his poop scale.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,273 Posts
sic phuc.....:thefinger:

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
more like Craptacular.:thefinger:
But I covered all three components necessary for proper combustion:
Airflow
Fuel
Spark

I mean, what else is there that a woman could check before needing a dealership visit? I'm already giving her a pretty wide allowance as it is considering it's a letter from a woman.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts