JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just bought my new 08 Jk 2-door x. I figure since its my first car that I bought with my own money I will start small and add as I go. Thus i got an x and need some insight. I'm new to this whole off-roading, mudding, trailing, rock crawling thing so I dont know much but i learn fast. I was just wondering what your first couple of mods would be. I'm really interested in getting the engine and exterior sounding and looking good since where I live winter is arriving and I wont be doing much off-roading. So first give me some insight on those first few mods for engine and exterior. Then go for under the body and interior. Thanks and it's great to find a place for help.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot for all the input and ideas you have allowed me to think about. Took it mudding for the first time the other day (great times, I love jeeps!!) Everything was great except got stuck once. Well Worked my way out in reverse and ran through it again at a different angle piece of cake. The stock was actually really good. Definately want more power though.

I do need to find a local group to go with and probably going to get a lift and some 33's for the first real mod. Wont really get the winch and that stuff unless i get serious about trail riding. thanks again for all the input and if anyone does know why is Black diamond lift kit come with shocks if it is just a body lift. If i get this will i need anything else like sway bar or something like that?

Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.