JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am totally new to RC Rockcrawling. I havent even had it out on real rocks yet! But I am digging my new toy!

I am learning about this stuff as I go--- but I can already tell that the RC guys are even nuttier about mods than the JK folk!!!:grinpimp: Lots of Modding goin' on!

I got a Losi Racing mini rock crawler. This thing crawls! Acts pretty much just like a fullsize! I plan to do about 1/2 dozen no or low cost mods- like weight the wheels, reposition the top shock mt to lower CG, remove coil spacers for more droop, re-drill body mts to lower body, remount batt pack and electronics lower in chassis, etc. Sound like FUN??

A set of trick lower control arms cost $12 shipped! After spending 1000s on the JK, these prices are funny.

Who wants to get together for some crawlin'? I think it will be fun to take these things out and run some trails!

Pics in a minute---:beer::beer::beer:

·
Openly Hostile
6,938 Posts
I asked my wife for a Losi crawler for xmas, if I get it we will have to take them on runs and shoot some video or something. I kept looking at the more expensive ones, but I am pretty sure this one is going to make me happy - or so I hope.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked my wife for a Losi crawler for xmas, if I get it we will have to take them on runs and shoot some video or something. I kept looking at the more expensive ones, but I am pretty sure this one is going to make me happy - or so I hope.

I am not even close to being an expert, but pretty much everyone is raving about this new Losi. Supposed to be a pretty good rig right out of the box for the money.

I think it sounds like fun to take them out!

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I subscribed to some YouTUbers that do alot of rc rock crawling. A bunch of them have JK's. Looks pretty cool but I've spent too much on the crawler I've got now:shaking:

HEY CLACKEY!!! howsitgoin?

another good thing about this Losi is you pay the $239 (I have seen as low as $206) and you have everything you need to go crawlin'. Of course, it will be very difficult to not spend $$$ on mods!!!:innocent:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
yeah the RC thing is MUCH cheaper than our JK's. I want a Losi but the girlfriend said buy something smaller first to make sure I don't waste money on another hobby so I did. I found a guy on craigslist selling an xMod (1:28th scale RC cars). You can buy all kinds of parts, engines, gears, bodies, lifts, lowering kits, drift tires, off road tires, bearings, body kits, ect... if you can buy it for a real car, you can buy it for these.

Anyways, bought a Hummer with the lift kit, stage 1 motor, 4wd kit, and neons, lol, and it has been a blast so far. I used super glue to lock the front and rear axles and did some cuts to get more flex. I see a Losi in my future. Best part is parts are so cheap! I paid $3.99 for crawler gears shipped to my door and $20 for all new sealed metal bearings to replace the worn out plastic ones.

Right after I got it home:

Before flex:

After a little work:

Crawling:

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
I picked up a black Losi MRC for my son and I. I've never wanted Christmas to come so quickly! :laughing: I'm definitely looking forward to this :smokin:
"Dad...Come-on...is it my turn yet?"

"Hold on son...We need to make sure that everything is working right...I want to get it set-up perfect for you!...Here, You can put these stickers on the body for right now..."

"But Dad!..."

- Man that is funny right there! Merry Christmas Ipe...er, uh...Ipe's son. :D

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I picked up a black Losi MRC for my son and I. I've never wanted Christmas to come so quickly! :laughing: I'm definitely looking forward to this :smokin:

You can run it while he is at school, asleep. whatever.!!!:D

It sounds kinda funny because its a 'toy' --- but I am having fun with mine. I only have run it for about 30 minutes so far inside the house. I will take it outside and get some action pics when I get a little time. I am learning how to drive it, and learning what it is capable of doing. It is amazing the stuff it can crawl over and through!

:bounce:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Yeah the "toy" part does take away from it... yet it is a toy the mimics every thing a real 4x4 can do, parts break, strip, and everything else just like the real ones do. My little cheap Hummer behaves just like the Jeep does off road, 3 wheels, body lean, flex, teeter on 2 wheels in the rough spots. It may be a toy but the girlfriend sure approves over the price of JK parts... :laughing:

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
This is how addicting RC vehicles can become- Also shows how much stuff there is to upgrade...

RC10 GT Factory Team chassis
O.S. cvx
Associated Unobtainium shock shafts
Associated titanium turnbuckles
Associated & Green Seal bearings
Associated brake & throttle linkage
K&N air filter
Racer's Edge aluminum front & rear bumpers
Robinson Racing 64/ 15 steel gear set
Progressive Suspension shock reservoirs
Airtronics 94737 steering servo
Hi-Tech 31525 hi-speed throttle servo
MIP cvd's
MIP 4 in 1 clutch
MIP rear exhaust
HG rear hub carriers
HG rear A-arm mounts
HG rear bulkhead
HG transmission brace
HG spring clips and retainers
HG brake hex
GPM front hub carriers
GPM engine mount
GPM front brace tube mounts
GPM lower rear shock mounts
GPM body mounts
GPM front bulkhead
GPM front A-arms
Calandra Racing Components rear A-arms
GS Racing hardware
Du-Bro inline fuel filter
OFNA cnc'd antenna mount
OFNA alum front servo arm
MIP temp gauge
Kimbrough & RPM rod ends
Losi throttle return spring
Mpi on-board voltage meter
Trinity front & rear upper shock mounts
Trinity shock oil (30 front/ 35 rear)
Trinity NiMH receiver pack
RPM front skid plate
RPM "Clawz" rims
Pro-line "Road Rage" tires

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.