JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i don't post a whole bunch here so i figured it's time to kinda introduce my new jeep. i traded my red 2007 jeep in for the much needed family vehicle (2012 4runner).

old jeep at hollister.

it was a great jeep. it was just not practical for my family's needs so it had to go. i used the money that i got out of it and got married. i drove the 4 runner for a little bit and then let the wife have it while i drove her 05 dodge ram. i was planning to get a new jeep once we got settled so i waited.

the wife's dodge.

start this year. the search for a new jeep began. i wanted a 2 door, as they're cheaper and i didn't really need a jku b/c we have the 4 runner. i ended up finding a billet silver 2 door auto with a hard top, heated cloth seats (hard to find in my area) with 4.10's and BT. it was pretty much all i wanted with the new rig.

got the 2013 at Cabral in Manteca in march.

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
i started off with quadratec floor mats and the MORE dead pedal.

my next mod was to replace my old portable compressor that was stolen two days before last christmas. i got the Viair ada kit. i'm pretty happy with this comressor.

i wasn't really feelin the Viair switch so i got the RR a pillar switch. the green switch is for the compressor and the blue one is a blank for now.

i also got the TF tire carrier and ORO license plate relocate light. i really like the way everything turned out.

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
next, i decided to replace the weak factory head lights with some truck lites. the truck lites are SO much better than stock, as everyone knows.

i kept my old hood lifts from my old jeep and put them on this one.

last but not least, some UFO's on the hood in place of the huge windshield bumpers on the hood.

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
since i've gotten some of these mods out of the way, i've also had to replace a few tools that were stolen along with my first compressor, which has slowed me down on the mods.

next on the list is a lift of some sort. i'm undecided on what coils to go with right now but plan on using mostly MC components. i plan to keep the lift around 2.5" or 3" range and run 35's instead of the 37's i had on the last one. the plan was to keep this one more mild.

hope to see you guys out on the trails this summer.

· Registered
292 Posts
Looks like your off to a good start. You could probably just cut the fenders flat and run 35's with the stock Rubicon suspension or get a set of Unlimited springs.

Are the Teraflex springs your trying to unload going to lift it too high?

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the comments thus far. as much as i liked my c/o'd jeep on 37's, i'm enjoying just having a stocker for now and modding slowly. i thought of going with 35's and no lift. i'm thinking of lifting and leaving the stock tires for now and wait on the 35's, as i doubt i would get much out of the stock tires.

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I buy another JK, it'll be a two door. Hope that you enjoy it.
ha. i used to think my next one would have been a 4 door. the 2 doors are fun to scoot around in though.

Was wondering where you went. I remember you sending the red one down to EVO for the coil overs.

New one is looking good!
thanks!

· Registered
1,907 Posts
thanks for the comments thus far. as much as i liked my c/o'd jeep on 37's, i'm enjoying just having a stocker for now and modding slowly. i thought of going with 35's and no lift. i'm thinking of lifting and leaving the stock tires for now and wait on the 35's, as i doubt i would get much out of the stock tires.
I have some wheels/tires to sell you :D

· Registered
292 Posts
Me and a buddy of mine just led a stock 2013 Rubicon through Slick Rock without scratch and then you could also do Sourgrass on 31's with no problem. You actually have a lot of options for trails on 31's.

When do you want to go?

· Registered
588 Posts
I ran slickrock on memorial day last year. It was snowing the whole day. I had my 2.5" lift and 31's and ran it fine. I DID fall into the notch, rear tire slipped and smashed the fender. But nothing major, thankfully its plastic :)

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
that's one of the trails i've been meaing to run for the longest time. i wished they didn't close down deer valley. : (

forgot to mention that i already have spydertrax spacers on, riddler diff covers ready to be put on and an tailgate trail table en route so that i could hang some molle bags on.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.