JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been quietly amassing parts for my 2012 JK lovingly named Wesley. We finally finished putting all of the Poison Spyder goodness on the exterior along with a WARN ZEON 10k winch and an Atlas II transfer case. The Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 front and Dynatrac Pro Rock 80 :grinpimp: rear should arrive at Synergy Suspension today for the next round. We're going to be installing their through the dash cage and of course their best suspension components including FOX shocks. Tire of choice is 39.5 BFG Red label (competition compound) Krawlers mounted on black powder coated Method beadlocks.

Wes arrived at the Synergy compound yesterday and is ready to go under the knife!

Attachments

· Registered
135 Posts
I will be doing a RIPP supercharger most likely.
With those axles I'd suggest a V8 ;) Considering you seem to have the money for D80's. LS SWAP !

I've got mine RIPP'd and running 38's with F250 axles, and about to put on 42's. Going to give the RIPP another year and then swap in an LS7.

· Premium Member
742 Posts
With those axles I'd suggest a V8 ;) Considering you seem to have the money for D80's. LS SWAP !

I've got mine RIPP'd and running 38's with F250 axles, and about to put on 42's. Going to give the RIPP another year and then swap in an LS7.
X2 on that, the RIPP is...Ok...I'll be running mine for another year also. I'm probably going to go for just a simple 6.0 LS2/6L80 swap. Still haven't ruled out a 5.3 since it's such a nice motor and it's fairly compact.

· Registered
135 Posts
X2 on that, the RIPP is...Ok...I'll be running mine for another year also. I'm probably going to go for just a simple 6.0 LS2/6L80 swap. Still haven't ruled out a 5.3 since it's such a nice motor and it's fairly compact.
But simple is boring :)

But either way, a V8 is better than the RIPP -- just far more expensive.

These 42's aren't gonna push themselves!

· Premium Member
742 Posts
But simple is boring :)
Yes...or no....

The 5.3/6L80 actually provides more vertical clearance (per JSS) than the stock drivetrain. I'll be happy to trade simple and boring for clearance with my 4-link. It is a bit annoying though, a 5.3 crate motor is just a bit less expensive than a 6.0...pretty big difference in HP potential in the two.

· Registered
8,445 Posts
Yes...or no....

The 5.3/6L80 actually provides more vertical clearance (per JSS) than the stock drivetrain. I'll be happy to trade simple and boring for clearance with my 4-link. It is a bit annoying though, a 5.3 crate motor is just a bit less expensive than a 6.0...pretty big difference in HP potential in the two.
Yes but a 5.3 from a junk yard is usually significantly cheaper than a 6.0

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.