JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not too bad for some scrap c-channel and plate destined for the recycliing bin!!:D :D :D

Showing some P.P. love :thefinger:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Sometimes simple is good. Such as this case.

Now how about some pics of how you mounted the plate. ;)

I'm digging your Hawse fairlead. :thefinger:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm curious, is there enough room to mount the remote solenoid box behind the grill shell? Nice looking bumper too. I always like to see the home-made stuff.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now how about some pics of how you mounted the plate. ;)

I got in a hurry and didn't get any pics before I mounted it, but it's made of the same 2x6 c-channel that the bumper is. I cut off one side to make it 2x6 angle instead of channel and mounted it upside down on the bottom sideof the frame via brackets and 2 1/2" bolts per side. I also cut off the flimsy crossmember because it was in the way and worthless. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm curious, is there enough room to mount the remote solenoid box behind the grill shell? Nice looking bumper too. I always like to see the home-made stuff.

I plan on trying this, but have to get some longer cables first. It's barely long enough for where it's mounted now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Did you make the attachment points/plates for your clevis??? You did a beautiful job, better than some of the bumpers that I have seen on line. I think that is what true jeeping is about right there. Making your jeep with your own sweat and blood. To many people buy into the store bought stuff. It does have it’s place but a 400 dollar bumper to me is rediculous when you can make a better one for a quarter of the price. Great job!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks Good a buddy of mine is coming over this weekend to take a loook at the bumper mounts to see what he could build for me

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you make the attachment points/plates for your clevis??? You did a beautiful job, better than some of the bumpers that I have seen on line.
Yep, I did it myself. Thanks alot!

Looks Good a buddy of mine is coming over this weekend to take a loook at the bumper mounts to see what he could build for me
Cool! Don't forget to post some pics of whatever he comes up with.

Nice looking bumper.

FWIW I mounted my solenoid box on top of the winch and it is pretty much out of the way and easily accessible.
Thanks,
I might end up doing this, but I'll have to make another bracket. If I try to mount it the way it's supposed to, it interferes with the grille. It's only attached by one of the two bolts in the pics.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I also like those d ring mounts. Purejeep wants $100 for a set though and I'd like to find them cheaper than that.

·
Registered
749 Posts
not too bad for some scrap c-channel and plate destined for the recycliing bin!!:D :D :D
Outstanding fab work,(Simplicity) and innovation using something you were going to trash. I think it looks every bit as good as the "Skidrow Offroad" prototype I have installed. Clevis Plates are Spot On..:beer::beer:
Now get some great looking lights on that bumper:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
more i look at this bumper the more i like it would you mind taking a few detailed pics and maybe some measurments for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts