JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't take credit for the idea and you have probably seen it from others already but I couldn't find the thread. Here is my take on it:

This is the pre-fit before I weld the fairlead spacer onto the winch plate. I think the winch plate is just a flat TJ winch plate that I cut down a bit.

Here is the winch plate with the fairlead spacer welded on. I think it was 3" wide as I recall.

Another pre-fit. Notice the v-slots I had to cut in the bumper mount. This is so I could slip a wrench in.

Primer:

Finally bolted on and painted. I used just flat paint for the bumper mount and painted the winch plate with bedliner.

Cut the bumper metal and plastic:

Here it is with the bumper back on:

This shows the winch below. Notice the two cuts:

And the finished product:

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Nice !

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Very clean.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I forgot to add a couple of pics:

I added a 500 amp in-line fuse, a 500amp relay to allow me to switch off the power from the cab and I moved the main winch relay into the engine compartment:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nice ... I like stealth accessories. Hiding winches like that makes it tough to get a neat wind. I guess with the synthetic line a neat wind isn't as important as it is with steel cable.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
looks good, now make it a stubby :)

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Nice work, I hate to ask what that 500a relay and fuse cost.[ I assume you have a spare fuse or two?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice work, I hate to ask what that 500a relay and fuse cost.[ I assume you have a spare fuse or two?
Thanks, I can't remember the costs anymore but ya the relay ain't cheap. I do have another fuse too. Fortunately I haven't needed it yet but I haven't really put much use on the winch yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice ... I like stealth accessories. Hiding winches like that makes it tough to get a neat wind. I guess with the synthetic line a neat wind isn't as important as it is with steel cable.
Actually I haven't found it that hard to wind up at all. It's a synthetic line and I just keep a tight pull on it when winding it in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like it. Very nice job.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Wow nice clean work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 41 Posts