JKOwners Forum banner
341 - 352 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Remember, this is Sprintex which has different injectors and MAP sensors, so you cannot directly load this. You'd have to correct those, and assuming the calibration may be slightly off on either for our calibrations of those sensors, the VE table could also be off as a result.
Thanks, I'll open it up and compare the two. I am more interested in the throttle response and TCM stuff TBH. Though I will say that, IMO, mine runs very lean. Some days it runs like a raped ape, some days I want to rip the blower off because it runs like total crap. Are you active on the HPTuners forums?

What MAP sensor does Sprintex use, the SRT4 sensor?

What injectors are you running? I keep meaning to pull one of mine to see what Edelbrock supplied with my kit. I know they are GM injectors and that's about it.

Mine also runs very rich when its cold but my buddy was able to clean that up a little bit compared to what it used to be it still stinks like shit if I leave it running in the garage for more than the time it takes to pull it out.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I love the thought tuning it myself, but not so sure now after reading your replies. The Edelbrock tune may not be perfect, but it has none of those aforementioned issues.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I love the thought tuning it myself, but not so sure now after reading your replies. The Edelbrock tune may not be perfect, but it has none of those aforementioned issues.
I didn't have a choice when I bought my Edelbrock kit because they wouldn't give me a tune for a 2015. In fact, I had to source the PCM from a 3rd party because it was so early on (January of 2016) I ended up with Diablosport and a dyno tune just to get it going. Things have changed a lot since then.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll try to get a pic of the new surge tank this weekend when I'm at the garage. I still need to install it.

The spring they sent me was indeed for a PVC hose, since he didn't know which version I have. Mine is the one where they have you reuse the factory hard line and just swap the elbows out, so I won't actually need it.

The restrictor they sent me was just to modify the SC behaviour. My kit is one with the spring actuated bypass, but he said swapping out jets (restrictors) in the line is something I can play around with to change how it boosts. The .015 does change things quite a bit, allowing the SC to go into and out of boost a lot more smoothly, but I think one slightly larger would be a little better. Maybe .020 or .025. The biggest benefit that I can see right now with the restrictor is that it seems to not lose boost as quickly during gear changes when under load.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'll try to get a pic of the new surge tank this weekend when I'm at the garage. I still need to install it.

The spring they sent me was indeed for a PVC hose, since he didn't know which version I have. Mine is the one where they have you reuse the factory hard line and just swap the elbows out, so I won't actually need it.

The restrictor they sent me was just to modify the SC behaviour. My kit is one with the spring actuated bypass, but he said swapping out jets (restrictors) in the line is something I can play around with to change how it boosts. The .015 does change things quite a bit, allowing the SC to go into and out of boost a lot more smoothly, but I think one slightly larger would be a little better. Maybe .020 or .025. The biggest benefit that I can see right now with the restrictor is that it seems to not lose boost as quickly during gear changes when under load.
So the new tank is bigger? I always did think it was odd that the surge tank would go empty while running. Initially they told me that I must not have all of the air out of the system. So, I did another vac purge and it still did the same thing.

Does a smaller restrictor make it more difficult for it to go into boost? I have the spring one and it honestly works like crap. My buddy disconnected it so it would stay in boost all the time while we had it on the dyno because it wasn't opening (or closing?) all the way.

·
Registered
240 Posts
So the new tank is bigger? I always did think it was odd that the surge tank would go empty while running. Initially they told me that I must not have all of the air out of the system. So, I did another vac purge and it still did the same thing.

Does a smaller restrictor make it more difficult for it to go into boost? I have the spring one and it honestly works like crap. My buddy disconnected it so it would stay in boost all the time while we had it on the dyno because it wasn't opening (or closing?) all the way.
The tank is definitely bigger. My small tank doesn’t run empty, but it’s surely odd to see the level drop to right above the hose height. The pump won’t run if the level is too low or there is a leak, so maybe you have a small leak in the system.

I pulled the spring last weekend - because coronaboredom - boost comes on way earlier and jeep is much more driveable, feels like i was expecting it to be from the beginning. I should have done that sooner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, two updates. I installed a Throttle Commander today, and now the pedal response is stupid good. The sport+ settings are twitchy as hell for my manual. Someone with an auto would almost shit their pants when combined with the supercharger. It really helps get the engine rpm up and into boost so much quicker.

Secondly, here is a pic of the new reservoir installed. It will go on the AC line bracket bolt that is forward of the original one, with the new bracket locating tab turned toward the front as well. The cap is self venting and also the bottle sits up higher in the engine bay, but still clears the hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I've lost almost all power from the supercharger. Not sure where to look first, but i can floor it all the way up to 5k rpm or so and the supercharger adds very little if any power at all. Pretty disappointed to be having an issue like this at around 15,000 miles in.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Well, I've lost almost all power from the supercharger. Not sure where to look first, but i can floor it all the way up to 5k rpm or so and the supercharger adds very little if any power at all. Pretty disappointed to be having an issue like this at around 15,000 miles in.
Maybe an issue with the bypass valve staying open due to being stuck or something?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe an issue with the bypass valve staying open due to being stuck or something?
I ran a boost gauge on it, and it's showing the boost is where it should be. My throttle wasn't opening up past 75% under even a heavy load, so I cranked my Pedal Commander to the highest setting and that helped a lot. It will open up to around 85% now and gets into boost quicker.

I have a lot of carbon buildup on the tip of the tailpipe ever since the install, so I'm wondering if my cats could be getting clogged up too much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ran a boost gauge on it, and it's showing the boost is where it should be. My throttle wasn't opening up past 75% under even a heavy load, so I cranked my Pedal Commander to the highest setting and that helped a lot. It will open up to around 85% now and gets into boost quicker.

I have a lot of carbon buildup on the tip of the tailpipe ever since the install, so I'm wondering if my cats could be getting clogged up too much.
Any update on fixing your super charger? Just purchased one and tri g to get ahead of any issues if possible. Thanks.

341 - 352 of 352 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.