JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I got the dreaded death wobble, it happened to the wife on 95, scared her to death, said she'll never drive the JK again.:bawling: It finally happened to me about two weeks later. So, I read alot of DW posts and there was so many it was just confusing.
To make it more interesting, I had just taken off my BFK mudders and put my stock GY SRA's back on because kids are back in school and we have a long drive.
Took it to have align and balanced checked, all ok, so off to the dealer, I was a little worried (still under warranty)as I added the TF Jk leveling kit, not stock, I tell them I have steering shimmy when I make the appointment, then I asked the service adviser if he ever heard of the DW, he didn't say much, but he did say yes, and they would fix it, so they put on a heavy duty steering dampner and so far so good.
They never did say anything about the lift kit.
I will keep you updated.
The cool thing is now we can hit Jeeptober Fest, I was worried about that long ride.:jeep2:

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
well rest assure that the dealership shouldn't say anything about the leveling kit. if they do move on to another dealer cuz even some of the most strict dealerships will let something that small slide.

sorry to hear of your DW sorrows. what gets me is that all you have is the leveling kit and rubi tires... not like you added something large to the overall package like a lot of the DW victims. so diagnosing this should be easier for you i would think.

look forward to seeing you at Jeeptoberfest Jerry :beer:

·
Registered
279 Posts
If all they did was put on a heavy duty steering damper, all they are doing is masking the real problem....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Darrell Waltrip
Yeah me too!

If all they did was put on a heavy duty steering damper, all they are doing is masking the real problem....
Yeah I read that also, but that is what they said so we'll see....

I also told them to check the track bar, he said they did.

·
Registered
582 Posts
yeah my dw is starting to get worse now I have to actually start slowing down to get it under control but my tie rod ends are starting to wear out and I have never gotten a 4 wheel alignment done on it since I lifted mine 2.5 years ago. The only thing about the tie rod end are they are still a dealer item and the only place I have found tie rod end for the jk is moparpartsamerica and they want a pretty penny for them there and it does not give an option for which end you may want.

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Best way to figure it out is to put it on a lift, let the suspension full droop and start tugging on stuff. If you pinion angle is right I bet something is loose. Trust me you hearing this from the kinf of death wobble. It doesnt even phase me anymore but it sure freaks out the people Im with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts