JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking for a solution to mount a CB antenna and still have a decent ground plane, So i decided to mount it on one of the windshield screws!

I think it turned out pretty good!

I used a TON of silicon in between the metal bracket and the painted surface, And it 'Should' keep the water out to prevent rust!

Here is the link to the rest of the pics!
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/GalaxyBlue1300/CB Antenna Install on Jeep/

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
looks good.

In the Northwest that would last for one drive but that is because almost every road has tree branches that hang out into the road. Either they would rip it off or I would from it bangin on the window frame, lol :laughing:

I don't know a whole lot about radios but how well does that type of antenna work compared to like an adjustable firestick? Is that a coil at the base?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am happy to report after some serious wheeling in the trees, This location ideal! It does not interfere with hitting trees, And it's virtually indestructible!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I am happy to report after some serious wheeling in the trees, This location ideal! It does not interfere with hitting trees, And it's virtually indestructible!
Nice solution, I was thinking about the same thing, got as far as fabbing the bracket, but didn't do the install. Our trails in OK are pretty tight, I've scratched the piss out of the sides of the Jeep, twisted windshield lights, and came close to losing the stock radio antenna.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL

It sounds like your on a goat path! :laughing:

·
Registered
962 Posts
LOL

It sounds like your on a goat path! :laughing:
Naw, just the standard trail in OK. Most of what I've been running is around Grand lake, most of the trails are creek beds in thick woods. The hill climbs are about the same, but the trees are bigger. Maybe we need bigger goats:laughing:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not in any way!

Unless... The strap is off and you let the doors swing into it, But i thik the mirror would hit first.

I am very impressed with this little antenna! It really works great, And it flexible for when the trees bend the whip back.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Not in any way!

Unless... The strap is off and you let the doors swing into it, But i thik the mirror would hit first.

I am very impressed with this little antenna! It really works great, And it flexible for when the trees bend the whip back.
What antenna make is that?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's made by Tram, Model 1140

1 - 13 of 13 Posts