JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my 1 3/4" Rough Country spacers yesterday - my first ever lift install.
Everything came out great. Gained 2" all the way around. I only did spacer for now. My wife was sleeping when I installed the lift. This morning she walked over to the Jeep, gets to the door and asks, "Is this higher?" Then I had to explain what I did as she tried to climb in! :D

Owned my JK for one year this week. To see how it has changed, click the link in my sig.

Here are some post lift pics:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
looks good. i did something similar. the wife forced a promise that i would leave it alone for a year... no lift or "major mods". one year and 4 days later, I installed a budget boost, new front shocks, rear shock mount brackets, and a mopar winch bumper. :D:D

she is still shaking her head. modest mods, so she isn't shying away from driving it yet.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I just installed the warrior 2.5” BB this weekend and had no problems. Of course my wife’s first words were why didn’t you go higher? And the other part of the plan is working well. She keeps telling me that it would look better with bigger tires.:grinpimp: She broke out some of my part mags and has informed me that pro comp rims with mud terrains would look good on it. Now I just have to save the cash.:smokin:

·
Registered
314 Posts
BB is good to start but soon you will want more. Atleast I do.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How is your ride with the BB? Notice any difference?
No difference other than the feeling of being higher! :)

I'm still using the stock shocks for now. In addition to the Rough Country spacers, I added Spidertrax spacers. So not only did I go up 2" I spread the track by 3". Center of gravity stays low and it handles great.

Now that I have my first lift under my belt and see how easy it is to work on, I'll change out the shocks when needed. Who knows?, maybe taller lift in the (far) future.

Some day also in the future I'll get rid of those Goodyear SR-As, possibly with new wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts