JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my 1985 CJ-7 that I purchased recently. Ever since we traded my 2 door Rubicon on a more family friendly '14 Cherokee Trailhawk, I've been looking for another CJ. I've had 2 in the past and love them. We still have my wife's JKU (take it from her cold dead hands) so now we both have our wheelin' rigs and are finally to the point where we have a 3rd DD that's not considered a toy :)

Anyway... I'm stoked I found this on craigslist and couldn't pass on it.
It's got a 5.3 LS motor, 700R4 tranny, and a damn nice cage fully tied to the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Nice find.

You can have your man-card back

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok how much was it?

Good find.
Thanks. Price on craigslist said $9500 firm, but since he wrinkled the driver side front fender the week before i came and looked at it I was able to get it for $8000 even.

Most here will probably think I paid too much, but I'd have to pay somebody for all the custom fab work anyway. For example, if you look closely, there's 1/8 steel welded to the tub from bottom of the door sills down . And the custom slider steps are welded to that the full length of the tub and also tied in to the cage/frame. Plus he built both bumpers and swing out tire carrier from scratch.

I took everything into account and really couldn't pass on it. It really is built right. Hell, the damn thing will run 80 mph down the highway and you can feel comfortable letting go of the wheel. My 3.8 powered 2dr JK could barely see 80mph and take all day getting there. :thankyou:

Nice find.

You can have your man-card back
Lol. Because of trading the Rubi on a Cherokee? Trust me, it was tough to do, but I sure as heck didn't want to take our JKU on another trip to Florida and it's been killing us on gas with my wife's daily commute also. Plus she already hated my jeep because it was a six speed. :suicide:

Very nice.
Thanks.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just wondering what you paid, It doesn't matter what other people think is too much. Something is worth what you are willing to pay for it. Already a classic jeep.
You're right. I know it sounded like I was justifying the price, but I'm just excited. :gluging:
To me a CJ is like my 4x4 Harley. And in my part of the country, finding one that's not full of serious rust issues is rare indeed. Been there. Just happy I found a reliable beater that I'm not afraid to flog offroad and still turn heads on the street. The only problem is my wife and I now have to flip a coin to see which jeep we take on poker runs. :beer:

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Lol. Because of trading the Rubi on a Cherokee? Trust me, it was tough to do, but I sure as heck didn't want to take our JKU on another trip to Florida and it's been killing us on gas with my wife's daily commute also. Plus she already hated my jeep because it was a six speed. :suicide:
I hear you about driving a JK on trips. My cousin lives in Daytona and I got down there from Atlanta every other month or so. Driving my 2D for 7 hours isn't the best ride and going 75 mph, I'm lucky to get 15mpg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.