JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be a little hairbrained, but here's my proposal.

i'm going to put 5.13's in my wife's JK probably in about a month or so. She has 4.10's now with a LSD, it's an 07 with 48k miles.

rather than pull the 4.10's and try to sell them so someone else can go have them re-installed, would anyone be interested in TRADING axles plus cash?

it's just an idea. it might be a good, low headache option for you guys with the dreaded 3.21's

i'm not 100% sure how much i'd want since mine have an LSD and the incoming JK axles with 3.21's wouldn't, or if it would even be worth the labor... but i'm open to discussion.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I would trade too for my 373's

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Pittsburgh, PA

to be clear too, i would want $ too lol. but i figured why strip down 4.10 axles, why not just strip down 3.21 or 3.73 axles ya know.

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where are you located?
I would trade my 3.73 44/30 for 4.10's
Great deal for someone!:beer:
i'm thinking 350 and axles with 3.73's for mine with 4.10's and the LSD.

more for one with 3.21's since i'll need carriers.

any less than that probably isn't worth the labor of swapping the axles ya know...

·
Registered
686 Posts
Bummer ... I'd do this in a second if you were in GA ...

·
Registered
443 Posts
good deal for someone that wants to do it. I have 3:21's but I am happy with mine. Never had a problem and I know what I have. Trading you never know what your getting.

Good luck swapping some one man.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i have 3:21s and would love to just short on the cash at the moment... and i really need bigger tires first. been driving on a 4in lift with stockers for 2 months

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good deal for someone that wants to do it. I have 3:21's but I am happy with mine. Never had a problem and I know what I have. Trading you never know what your getting.

Good luck swapping some one man.
very true and that's my concern as well. but i figured if i'm regearing i'm basically rebuilding anyway...

and now i'm looking at lockers too, so i'll be doing carrier bearings and stuff too... so the only thing left to worry about from someone else would be unit bearings.

BTW, this jeep has never been off road. it's a street queen.

·
Registered
686 Posts
that's why i'd want more $ if someone has 3.21's than if they have 3.73's

Right now i'm looking at auburn e lockers...

If you are installing e-lockers you would need to replace the carrier anyway so why ask for more from us lowly 3.21 owners ??? :bawling:

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
If you are installing e-lockers you would need to replace the carrier anyway so why ask for more from us lowly 3.21 owners ??? :bawling:
I'm not totally sure if i'm going to do a locker yet, but if i do i'm probably only going to toss a locker in one of the axles(haven't decided which yet). it's just too pricey to do both on a rig that isn't really wheeled much.

so i'll still have to buy a carrier for whatever axle is open

Also, i can sell the carrier out of the 3.73 axle prolly for 40 or 50 bucks...

The other option is to sell the 4.10's out of the axle with what's left from the install kit (so the person would get shims and could do an install on their own) then i could add a locker to the front and leave the LSD in the rear...

decisions decisions lol

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'm not totally sure if i'm going to do a locker yet, but if i do i'm probably only going to toss a locker in one of the axles(haven't decided which yet). it's just too pricey to do both on a rig that isn't really wheeled much.

so i'll still have to buy a carrier for whatever axle is open

Also, i can sell the carrier out of the 3.73 axle prolly for 40 or 50 bucks...

The other option is to sell the 4.10's out of the axle with what's left from the install kit (so the person would get shims and could do an install on their own) then i could add a locker to the front and leave the LSD in the rear...

decisions decisions lol
Well ... if you plan on vacationing in the Atlanta Area let me know ... I'd be interested ... :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts